Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Dear Thank You

And another sketch for you to try...
I wanted to make a Thank You card for Beate on SCS. And not just super cool, but she has one of the most inspiring minds. I almost did not make a card for her. I sometimes feel that I am not "up to par" with the likes of most. But I went for it and thought "be like Nike". That is one of my catch phrases...

And this is also a sample for the next sketch that I want to post ~ two birds with one stone... :-)


Anyway,
The card CS that I used was Pink Passion, Pixie Pink and Chocolate Chip. I also used the polka dots from the Au Chocolat collection. That is my most favorite paper. The little pink strip down the side is from a 6 x 6 paper pack that I purchased years ago, it is by Memory Box.

I stamped the Thank you in Pink Passion and sponged around that panel with Close to Cocoa.
I also "made" the photo corners on my own. I just can not see spending money on a punch when I can just make it myself. I made them with Pink Passion and Au Chocolat scraps. So simple. I just cut a 1" square and slice it down the middle cross-ways. Then I cut out the middle with a pair of snips and Voila!! Easy photo corner.

On the bottom left I just used my SU! scallop punch, the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" punches and the word window punch. The saying is from "feathered friends" stamped in Pink Passion also.
I hope that you like it. If you want to send me your sketches I will be more than happy to post them on my blog.
Have a great day!!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm sure she will love it - I think it's wonderful!

Unknown said...

Joani, Your work is beautiful, don't discount it!! Thanks for the sketch I will try it tonight for myself. I'll post back when I've finished so you can look! Thanks for the inspiration.
Diane
www.stampinpuppies.com

Tami in OH said...

So cute --- I never got that paper and am so sad as I just love it! Like the sketch too - may have to try it out with one of my new sets!