Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Boatloads of cake??

Ooooh, wouldn't that sound yummy? Ok, this diet thing is driving me crazy!!



This card I made for a dear friend who's birthday is coming up. I wanted something different, and I think I did it. Who would ever think of a cake in a boat? Crazy me, that's for sure!!!



For this card I used my "special" paper from The Paper Palette. It's called Tsumugi paper. I have few sheet's left that I bought at a show when I lived in California. Oh, I can still get it on line (I buy my tape from them. The ONLY tape I use and will ever use) so I can still get it.

The base card is Royal purple and it's layered with Magenta and a piece of Dark Purple. I stamped the boats from Boatloads of Love and the cake is from Voila! I colored them in with my pencils and gamsol. I added some stickles to make it sparkle a bit. I then stamped the saying from Simple Sayings II in Lovely Lilac ink and I was done. Just in time, I have to get it to the mailbox today!!!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

How clever of you Joani. Love this idea. I have both of these sets, so will probably case it in the future. Adorable. What kind of tape do you use?
Thanks for sharing.
Cheryl

Mary Beth said...

Adorable card! This would make a great kids card too! TFS. ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Love your take on this card, very cute!
Diane

Tarasdesigns said...

Yum, your cards are good enough to eat!

Tara x

Jackie said...

Very creative! Yes, a boatload of cake does indeed sound yummy - especially chocolate cake! Great, now I'm hungry :-)

Linsey R said...

how wonderful! great new idea for the tugboat load, a birthday cake--can't think of anything better! Your water and clouds look fabulous in that pretty sparkley blue! Your friend is in for a real treat! ~Hugs~

Louise F NZ said...

What a fab idea! Awesome card Joanie!

Karinn said...

What a cute idea with the cake! I love this set! (I WANT this set!)
~Arinka