Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Boy what a day..........



I'm so behind on making my St. Patrick's day cards. Considering that Easter is just over a week away after that! So I went into mass production mode :)


The main image on this card is from Whipper Snapper. I stamped him and colored him with pencils and gamsol. I sponged the edges with Green Galore ink and mounted that on to a piece of Basic Black cs.

The card base is Green Galore. I too a piece of Basic Black and adhered a piece of BG paper from the Paper Patch. I then tied a length of green ribbon around it before I placed it on the card. The sentiment is from DOTS (yes, it's a very old stamp. One of my first) that I stamped in Green Galore and layered on to a piece of Basic Black also. I stamped the shamrocks over the top of it in Gable Green. That stamp is from a set by My Sentiments Exactly.




This card was inspired by SCS Koopdedoo. I saw her card, and with the twisted humor I have I HAD to make one!!!


The bra stamp is from Ann-ticipations. I've had it for a few years, and really don't remember why I bought it. But with my humor it does not suprise me!!

The main card is some green cs I have. I adhered a piece of dark green and then a piece of green plaid paper also from the Paper Patch. The image is colored in with pencils and gamsol. I added a little flower and brad to the center to add some "cute" to the card. The saying is from Whipper Snapper stamped in Green Galore. It is also layered on to a piece of dark green.

The saying Erin-go-Bra was generated on my computer and layered on to a piece of dark green also. You must go to SCS and check out Kathy's Gallery, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!



This was a quick card. The base of the card is Old Olive. I cut a piece of dark green and layered a piece of the green polka dot paper to it, then tired the knot around it before adding it to the card. I then stamped the word "happy" above the panel with my stamp-a-ma-jig and the words St. Patrick's day below also with my stamp-a-ma-jig. I then placed the image on a piece of dark green ~ after coloring it with my pencils ~ and layered that to the card with pop dots.

Both saying and image are from Whipper Snapper.




I left these cards for last. I joined Gabby's swap on SCS (yes, my first and I'm nervous!!) Bra and Panties swap. Well, I needed to "practice" before I made the actual cards. I had already made hubby's card for Valentines, but it was a little more serious ~ so I thought that I'd make these for fun. Two birds, one stone-right?

Well, they are totally easy. Now, little story "behind" the panties. My DD likes to wear thongs. Yes, it's hard to say that your teenager likes that - it means that she's growing up. And another yes to hubby always saying NO when she wants them (but little does he know she gets them anyway). Well, of course being the teenager that she is teases me because she calls my undies "granny panties". No, let's get this straight first of all, they are not granny panties. I've got at least 20 (give or take a few) years before that sets in. But anything to my DD that is more than lets say a string is a granny panty. So, that brings me to the card. I had to make the panties a little more "realistic" let's say. I had originally wanted to stamp the "tattoo" a cool Harley Davidson emblem I have, but the darn panties were too big to stamp that image ~ so I went with the lips! ha ha ha.... The paper is from the EK Success Harley Davidson papers so I was 1/2 way there. And when you think of HD you think "tough" so I thought ok, this pattern will work. I then added the "elastic" which is Rick Rak I purchased at Walmart.

Well, I hope that you enjoyed today's LONG post. I hope to chat more tomorrow ~ see you then.

10 comments:

Amanda G said...

lol (to the panty issue) The first time my dad found my thong, he literally asked me why I had a japanese sling shot, lol, my mom proceeded to tell him it was my underwear and he dropped it real quick and went into the other room!

Cheryl said...

Cute cards all the way around Joani. Love the pantie and bra one.
Cheryl

Gabby said...

LMBO @ Dani! She sure is growing up huh!? These are so cute Joani! Great "practice" cards! Tell Dani not to laugh though...she'll know "granny panties" mean comfort when she's old'er! I am not one to wear thongs anymore...I am not about to be pulling anything out my butt crack! LMBO!

Laura lok said...

OMG great blog post today the st. patrick day cards are awesome love the bra one most of all clever. and the panties what a riot!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have to say, those bra and pant cards are wicked! Fab idea.

Tami in OH said...

Love these cards - all of them! Way too cute :)

Colleen said...

Hey Neighbor,
Cute,cute, CUTE! I haven't even thought about St. Patty's Day cards.
Thanks too, for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I appreciate it very much!
Hugs,
Colleen

Mindy said...

TOO FUNNY! I told Gabby in a post on her blog that I want to make on of these cards to keep on hand to hand hubby when I really need a good come back:) Kiss my hiney, hubby! Thanks for sharing. You've been busy and all your cards look FABULOUS!

LV said...

oh no Joani, my mom is spreading her panties and bra luv! These are really cute though.

Bree mcconnell said...

wow these are amazing........I know my dh would crack up if i made him one i just have to now!!!!