Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A good egg & the chocolate bunny!

One more Easter card, that's it. I promise!

I needed a couple more cards and popped these out real quick. I was trying to think of what I'd put in an Easter basket for this card. When I met my ex-hubby he had 2 little ones. Easter came around and he wanted to go "buy" an Easter basket! **Gasp!!** Are you kidding me I said to him, no we make it! My parents always made up my basket, they never bought one! So, of course that's what I've always done. Buy the basket and all the goodies then put it together the night before for the kids to wake up to in the morning. Even to this day my DD will be almost 16 and she still get's a basket and DH and Mom get a chocolate bunny!! That's how it's done!

Ok, enough babble. I get side tracked so easy. I was saying "what do you put in a basket?" Well, of course the eggs, a chocolate bunny & those jelly beans in the bags that look like carrots!

I stamped my egg from A good Egg in Pink Passion and filled it in with Gable Green and Yo Yo Yellow then sponged around the image with Pink Passion ink. I stamped the bunny from Whipper Snapper and colored him in with pencils. I put some pink fun flock on his ears and tail for fun and sponged Close to Cocoa ink around that panel. I colored the carrot image, also from Whipper Snapper direct to the rubber with Gable Green and Only Orange. I layered the egg and bunny on a piece of yellow orange paper, same as the base card and the carrot on Pink Passion paper. Those were adhered to a piece of green polka dot paper. I finished with some stickles on the egg for a *punch* of color and I was done.

Tomorrow I've got more to show, and I promise it is not holiday related!! Have a great day!!

4 comments:

Linsey R said...

Joanie, these are so cute! And I wouldn't mind a bit if your next several creations were Easter themed, Lord knows, I don't even have my close to done yet! You ar an inspiration, gf! And I'm with you--no cellophane wrapped, premade baskets! My Mom STILL sends me a basket she filled up herself and I'm 31! I don't think we ever get too old for certain things, you know? And I'm the same way now too. I love to get choose baskets,get all the goodies and make a messs with that fake grass, lol! Good times! Love your elements here, the designer eggs, the chocolate bunnies and yummy carrot bag full of jellybeans! Great work, Joanie! hugs!

Lesli said...

Super cute card - I really enjoyed looking over your blog!

Laura lok said...

tooo cute card

Michelle Short said...

Great cards! I love the bunny image! I love making Easter cards! :0)