Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine A-Pal-ooza!!

First of all I want to say to everyone ~ Happy Valentines Day!! Just givin' out mush deserved kisses to you all who take a peek at my blog! I've had over 5000 hits. Already! I am planning on giving out some blog candy in the very near future too!!! Thanks everyone! Muh-wa~


Now on to some business. I've got some last Valentine images to show you ~ then no more for a while... I just love Valentines though. A time to show all those people you love just a little more affection.

Why do I wait til the last minute to make cards for family? After all we live in the same house. Just yesterday I thought "Oh no! I have not made my Mom a card yet?" Thus, this card was born! Of course it was another excuse to make a card with my new favorite set. I just love this set!! The base card is Real Red. I then layered a piece of Pixie Pink on the card and a piece of DP from Cloud 9. My LSS carries a lot of papers from Cloud 9 and they are all yummy!


I then stamped the image from Happy Heart Day and watercolored it with my Aqua painter and pencils. I layered that image on to Pixie Pink. I wanted something else because it looked a little empty ~ so I stamped the tag image from the same set and watercolored that also. I used a heart eyelet at the top of the tag and threaded some ribbon scrap thru it. I adhered that to the card with a pop dot and I was finished.

And yes, I needed still another card. I had one for my daughters BFF's family, but she wanted to give it to her BFF ~ so yes, Mom get's to make another card!!

Yes, the set was out so I used it!!!

The base card is Real Red. I layered some swirl paper on to that. Yes, the swirl paper that has no name, it was sent to me in a RAK. Then I matted the red polka dot paper from Paper Salon (smitten collection ~they are yummy!!) on to a piece of Basic Black. I took a length of black organdy ribbon and tied it around the layers before I stuck it on the card.

I stamped the image twice. Once on white paper, then once on the heart paper. That paper is from Making Memories. I cut that image out and placed it over the elephant. I also cut the word friend out and a heart from the paper to make the one on his trunk bigger. I colored the flowers with my SU! markers and added stickles to it. I layered that image on to a piece of the Making Memories paper then on to Basic Black. I attached that to the card with pop dots. I then made the tag from the set and matted that on the Basic Black paper too. I added a heart eyelet with the black ribbon scrap and also used a pop dot to adhere to the card. I know that the card looks like the one above, but when I'm in a pinch it seems that I go back to the same recipie!!

And yes ~ one more card to make. The crucial one. The one for Hubby!! Now, he supports my paper crafting addiction. He knows that I love to make cards and alter things. He knows this all to well. When I see something that I MUST have, no matter where we are I've got to get it. He just stands there and shakes his head. I'm sure that he does not care if the card is made or heaven forbid ~ store bought. But the fact remains, I need to make the card. I keep all the cards I give family for holidays. So, let's just say I needed to make it for "my collection"....

For his card I used a mish-mash of stamps. I thought that it should be a little more "romantic" that the Happy Heart Day set. So, here goes...

The base card is Pretty in Pink.

I first stamped the BG stamp from Art Impressions with my Encore gold pad, on to Pixie Pink and mounted that to a piece of Basic Black. I then stamped the flourish from Judikins in Real Red over the BG image. Then added a length of black velvet ribbon down the left side. There is just something romantic about black velvet ribbon ~ at least I think that...

I then stamped 2 hearts from Hero Arts with my gold pad and cut them out and placed them on the card somewhat crooked. I then took the vellum saying from my DCWV paper slab and mounted that over another piece from that slab that is red roses and mounted that piece to another piece of Basic Black. I attached them all with the red heart brads and taped it down to the card. I think that it turned out well, don't you?


Now on to the main course!!! I've been a part of a PIF RAK with a couple of people. If you can remember back I showed you what my dear friend Gabby sent to me in her PIF RAK. Well, this is what I sent out in mine! I made 2 post it note holders, a magnet, a pen, a tape dispenser, a notebook and gigantic paper clip. And I bought a few goodies too. These are so much fun to do!!
Later today make sure to stop back by ~ I will be opening my PIF RAK packages I've received and will take pic's to show you!!!

4 comments:

khepworth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kanani said...

You've been busy! Very cute V-day cards!

Laura lok said...

congrats on the 5000 and rak package.

cute valentines

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous cards, you are so clever!