Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good Morning Everyone!!! It is another beautiful day here so I'm not sure how much I will get done. Isn't that awful? But I'm pretty sure that the spring fever bug has hit me. I just love looking in the backyard at all the pretty colors and beauty. The little mama robin has 3 of her 4 eggs hatched. The flowers are in bloom. It is just so peaceful. I wish I could share this with everyone!

Yesterday I did manage to get a few of my swaps done. I've got some ATC and cards swaps cooking over at my MSN site. These you see pictured here are for the embossed ATC swap. You have to emboss something on your ATC cards. I used my TAC™ set Ice Cream T2630 and the Sweet Skunks T2674 sets. For the Ice Cream set I stamped her and colored her in. The colors were not very bright, the showed up muted. Once I embossed her she showed up really bright and I was happy. That's one of my favorite sets because of course I love Ice Cream!!! For the other ATC I only embossed a few of the flowers then raised them up with pop dots. Of course those little buggers were hard to cut out with my fumble fingers.




This next set of ATC's are for a Garden swap. I pulled out my Old Friend T2643 set. This set is so cute with the little seed box and different things you can put on the front. For the other ATC I used a very old set that I bought from D.O.T.S. years ago! The little farmer boy and the seeds.










Another swap that I am in is for Father's Day. And I need to make cards for that too to send out. Of course "manly" cards are so hard for me to create. Of course I thought what better set to use than something out-doorsy ~ SU! Noble Deer set!

For this card I used some of the paper that my friend Betty gave me that she ran thru her cuttlebug. I thought black and gold looked good for the card. After all I could not use my regular pinks and browns.... I colored direct on the rubber with my pens, I thought that looked best. Then I stamped the sentiment from another SU! set Thoughts of Father, sponged around that with Chocolate Chip, layered it like the rest of the card with black and gold and I was finished. When I showed the card to my hubby he said "that's the set you used last year for my card". I was a little shocked! I can't believe he remembered ~ I didn't!!!



No, these are not more swap cards ~ but cards that I made to sell. Remember I told you about me selling my creations at the Peddler's Mall? Well the cans are selling and so are the cards. I've sold quite a few of those so I decided to make some Father's Day cards. Just a few in case they don't sell.





These are made with stamps from MFT. When I saw this image my first thought was of my hubby. He just loves the TV. He's always been fascinated by it. When he was a little boy and his Mom worked late into the night she'd come home to find her young son sitting on the floor of the living room right in front of the TV with the volume down low watching old western movies in black and white. Yes, to this day he still watches all the old black and white movies, but he does not have to sit on the floor. He sits in the chair. He's not a couch potato, if something needs to be done he gets it done. And most weekends he gets up early and cooks breakfast for everyone. But he works hard all week and when he wants to spend some quality time with the TV I don't care ~ it gives me time in the craft room :)


So, now you know why I bought the set - on to the card.


For the base card I used Night of Navy cs. I used my scor-pal to make the grid design on the blue cs. I then stamped it in various places with SU! Wonderful Weaves set. I layered that on to a piece of grey cs and tied a length of dark blue ribbon around it. I stamped the image from MFT and colored it in with my pencils. I stamped a second image and cut out the recliner and used different size pop dots on it to give it the 3D effect. I layered that panel on to a piece of yellow paper and glued it to the card. I stamped the sentiment "happy fathers day" with white ink directly on to the card in the lower right corner. Once the card was put together I took out my Crystal Lacquer and very carefully applied it to the front of the TV screen and I was done!

I hope to get some more crafting done today ~ so check back tomorrow!

4 comments:

kssdesigns said...

I thought I was the only one who still has DOTS stamps! LOL!! Love everything. You are just a stampin' maniac!

Trudy Osborn said...

What fabulous cards! I wish I had the time to stamp...lately it has been very hard. Oh, and I think I still have one or two of those DOTS stamps too.

Mary Beth said...

Amazing cards! You've been busy!! Keep an eye on those baby birds, we too have a Robin's nest that hatched 3 eggs last wknd - on a beam under our deck! I can not believe how fast those little guys are growing; not going to be fun when they learn how to fly with my cat:) Have a great wknd friend, hugs))

Gabby said...

I'm loving everything you've been posting Joani! You are making me want to get back into making ATC's too! I saw Kathleen made ATC's too and I've been thinking about maybe a blog swap making ATC's. Hmmmm... LOL! Hugs!