Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Good Morning Everyone!!

I hope that today is a great day for you! To all of my California friends I hope that you are all doing well and the fires stay far from you.

I've been a little busy making some cards for my Stampers groups coming up. I always like to put a few extra cards or goodies in with everyones orders. It shows that I care, and I like to demo the products even though it's not really a "party". I sure wish that I could go to each and everyone but until I win the lotto that's just a dream.

My first card here was actually made over the course of a couple of days. You know how that is. You start something then something else comes up. The phone rings, the door bell rings (which is fine because that means it might be Mr. Brown!!) or the laundry has to be done.

This card did not turn out anything like what was in my head ~ and I actually am still not sure that I like it, but it will have to do.

The base card is Old Olive. I layered that with some DP from theangelcompany™ Miss Moxie collection. I added a piece of Always Artichoke to the bottom that I stitched on the sewing machine. But before I stitched it I used my corner rounder to make the scallops on the bottom, and added a piece of hot pink ribbon to it before it was glued down. I also stamped the word 'hello' from my Hello There set in the lower right hand corner. I stamped some flourishes from the Swoops & Swirls set with Pink Passion ink before I adhered the little girl and the ice cream cone that were colored with my watercolor crayons and layered on to DP from the Hemingway collection.

Something else I've just started doing is adhering a piece of plain white cs to the inside of the card with a little stamped image that coordinates. I think that it makes it look a little nicer that way ~ and if the card is dark like the next one it give a nice space to write in.


This next card I made for a swap that I am in on my MSN site. It is a music swap and I've had this set forever and really never used it so I thought what the heck!

The base card is Basic Black. I stamped the drum images from Jazzed Up twice. Once on the white cs and once on colored cs. I then cut the pieces out, embossed them with clear EP and then adhered them. For the piano piece I embossed the entire piece. I stamped the music notes (from a SU! wheel that I UM) and embossed those with black EP. I then layered the images on to the card alternating Pink Passion cs and Basic Black cs. Once I had everything on the card I used my sakura gel pen and highlighted the "just a note" panel and then added some stickles to the drum panel.

As I mentioned before I added a piece of white cs to the inside with a coordinating stamp and I was done.

I hope that you liked my creations today. Now I must be off to create something else for you!
Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Both are very cool cards - The music one really pops.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous cards. Great layouts and colours & I LOVE the idea of the white cs inside with a matching image. I'm so bad for neglecting the insides of cards. I used to even stamp the backs! Thanks for the inspiration! :0)