Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Friday

Woo-Hoo today is Friday. It seems like this week has taken forever to finish. It was hubby's 1st week back to work after shut down. They close down the plant every July for maintenance and such ~ and this was his first week back after 9 days of being home. Let me tell you after getting to sleep in for that long then going back to getting up at the crack of dawn to get him going was hard. I feel sorry for my daughter who's got to go back to school soon ;-)


Well, here's my first card to show you today. I made this card using my TAC set Kid's Praises.

I started off with the scor-pal and made some score line on the piece of cs. Then a nifty little trick that I learned from Mel over at Mel Stampz was to use a crayon to highlight over the score marks. My daughter, yes even still at 16 loves to color ~ so I "borrowed" her crayons to do this.

I colored the image with my pencils and gamsol, layered it on to the card with scrap pieces from the Mimi paper collection with a length of ribbon and I was done. Quick and easy.


Here is a card that I somewhat cased from Becca over at Amazing Paper Grace. I just love all of the layers on her cards. And everything is always so pretty.

The base card is Creamy Caramel. It is layered with Chocolate Chip, Really Rust and a piece of DP that I have no idea where it came from - but I like it.

I punched the scallop circles with my Mega and Giga punches. Then I punched a square with my 1 3/8" square punch out of the center of the rust panel. I punched another square with my 1 1/4" punch in Creamy Caramel and the acorn with the 1" square punch. I glued down the Chocolate Chip panel then the ribbon and tied a knot and then used pop dots to place the Really Rust panel down. Once I did that I doubled the layers of pop dots under the acorn and placed that down in the center. I used my word window punch to punch out the sentiment and I "made" another word window punch in Really Rust to go under that and glued that down in the corner.


I want to leave you today with a few of the things that I've been working on to sell at the Peddler's Mall. It seems that the notepads and post it notes are good items to sell. So here are a few that I've made to put there.

This batch I used my SU! paper Au Chocolat. I just love this paper, and if I knew where to get my hands on more I would.....

These are post it note holders with matching clips.





Here are some more post it note holders. I covered the coasters with some TAC paper from the Brighten my Day collection. I also made the little clips to hold them to the coaster and beaded pens.












These are along the same lines as the post it note holders ~ just note pads. I covered some chipboard with paper from TAC's Uptown Girl collection with the clips. I thought that the ribbon was perfect to go with the paper.











And last but not least more post it note holders. This one I used TAC's Rustic Chic paper. I just love how it looks all distressed and you don't have to do a thing to it! These are a little bit more "fancy" than the others :)

I wanted to say that there is a whole world out there of knowledge. I can say that since we've moved here I have not been able to attend any stamp shows or classes. I miss the stamp shows that we used to go to in California ~ but everything that I've learned since then has been off the Internet. So even if you make something and you thing "nah - I won't post that" please do. You never know who might be out there just wanting to re-create what you just made!

Now if I can stay off the computer long enough today, maybe I could create something!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Joani

10 comments:

BarbL said...

Love the elegant simplicity of your creations today. Thanks for sharing!!

AngelRenee said...

Wow Joani love these they are so elegant and stunning but not over done. Great job on all of it. I love how you pkged it. Good luck hope you sell out..

Barb said...

All of these are great... I bet they WOULD be a hit at craft shows & markets!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wow-wee!!! I love all the varieties of note holders!!! My fav is the Rustic Chic ones!

:-)

Nicola said...

My you have been a busy bee, Love it all.

Hugs
Nic

Angel Bobbie said...

Love your cards Joani...as usual they are awesome.
Angel Hugs...Bobbie

Carmen O. said...

Love all your post it note holders! They sure are dressed up! Your cards are gorgeous I love stopping by to see what you've created.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

OH my! These are stunning projects. I'd love to take credit for the crayon over scorepal lines--Thanks! but You get all the credit for that one. For some reason it never would have crossed my mind. I'll credit you when I steal Your idea though, heehee (Now, I'm dying to try white crayon & then ink over it.) I love your fall cards That layout is WOW! And those post it note holders! I love the wee matching tags. You ROCK! :0)

Anonymous said...

Love this, Joani!! Thank you for sharing such great creativity. I am always looking for gift ideas. Keep them coming our way! ~Amy S.~

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

can you share the instructions for the notepad holders? These would make great teacher gifts.