Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Howdy, Howdy!!

Good Morning Everyone! I hope that today is a great day for you.... as for me, well the jury is still out. I've got an interview today...
I'm not sure that I want to go to work. Well, I kind of do ~ but I don't. I mean it would be nice to help out with things around here, and I'd have more money to spend on my crafts :) but I don't think I'm ready to enter the workforce just yet. Or maybe they are not ready for me???

I had to share with you a couple of things that my daughter has been up to. She shocked me the other day when she asked me if she could alter this box I had. I said sure! And made a little spot for her. I wanted to show her how to cover it and I took my scor-pal out and started what I thought would be the lines to cover it and it wasn't. She said "that paper's ruined" and I said "no it isn't - just watch" and I used each of the lines on the scor-pal and scored the paper in both directions.
Thanks to wonderful Mel over at Mel Stampz I used a crayon to "ink" the paper up. I think that I am going to keep a box of crayons on my desk now - you've got to check out her blog for this technique, she's awesome!!!
Once Danielle had seen it she shrugged her shoulders - this is teen talk for ok - and she used it!! Score one for Mom!!!
Then she decorated the box and used the Marvy punches, primas, ribbon & crystal brads. I told her it still needed something and she made the bow for the top using the directions on SCS.
But I was tickled at the card she made. She needed to make some birthday cards for friends and I walked in the craft room the other morning and said "wha' cha' doin?" and she said making a card - like I didn't figure that out!! She SO takes after me, and I'm not sure that is a good thing....
But she had "stolen" my new copy of Paper Crafts and she saw a picture in there and decided to make the card. Well it is almost identical! She can do that. Look at a picture and voila! instant card. She's very quick too. A must help I think when I've got some production issues - ahhhh, child labor. Very good to have when they want something ;-) When she was done she jokingly asked me if I would put a picture on my blog of what she did and I said yes! She gave me a double take and said "you will?" I said of course! I did tell her that I talk about her sometimes and she said "I know". I didn't think that she read my blog - I better be careful about what I write now....
This card I wanted to show you I made a while back when SCS had it as a Wednesday tutorial. It is a double pocket card. They are SO super easy to do.
I took a piece of my au Chocolat paper (that I've been saving - for what I don't know) and the SU! set One of a Kind to make it. I also used Totally Tabs, my Mega Marvy punch, my SU! Scallop punch, crystal brads and primas. I thought that it turned out kind of nice.
Well, I'm off for now. Got to get ready - wish me luck, I think.....
Hugs for a wonderful day,
Joani

2 comments:

Barb said...

Love all of these!! Especially all of the flowers on the double pocket card!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous projects! I absolutely love your writing. You're so personable and fun. Off to subscribe. And Thank you so much for the link love! (blush!) ;0)