Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Tuesday & a post...

Happy Tuesday everyone! I've been up early this morning and I've been busy!

Normally when hubby leaves for work I snooze a little longer til he calls at his morning break. That's kinda my cue to get going for the day. Well this morning he was off to work and I was getting some much needed computer time in. I really try not to be on the computer when everyone is home ~ I have all day to do what I want, and when everyone is home that's family time. So this morning instead of taking a snooze I was up surfing the net, checking out what everyone else is up to.

Now I've got to post my message for the day then get ready for my SIL to come over. We spoke last night and she said that she would like to come over today and make some cards! I was a little shocked. I've been here 3 years now and she has not shown any interest in it. She was here a couple of weeks ago while we were making some cards and we had an empty spot and she dabbled a bit. She actually made 6 cards for Christmas. It was kinda fun watching her. She's not the crafty type, but she caught on quick!! So I will pull out some stamps for her to play with today. I actually want to get her her very own craft knife and scissors and such. I think that would tickle her... She always looks at all of our stuff, but to have your own is special...

Ok ~ enough of my babble. Oh wait! There's more.

My DD has a boyfriend. Well I've mentioned before that she's 16. How can that be? She just started Kindergarten the other day ~ or what seemed like the other day!! But her boyfriend we were told is 18. Then we just found out he had a birthday and turned 19. I'm not too sure how much I like that idea, but he is a nice boy. He's been here a few times to visit with us. As a matter of fact last weekend we had him over for dinner (on taco night. He's never had home made tacos! Yes, I asked him if he's been living in a cave!!) and we had an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.... Well, yes, I did make a card ~ I'm getting to that... but I wanted to show you a picture of him and my daughter. And yes, I made him wear the hat. It is now tradition (since the necklace I had disappeared) that who ever's day it is they have to wear the hat!

This is my little girl. Where did the time go?? Yes, I'm feeling old... very,very old.
And yes, I have the grey hair to go with it!

So now on to the card that I made him.












There is an old set that I had purchased a while back from someone on EBay. I was sent the set and it did not have the indexing stamp or the name of the set so I had to look for it. Thank goodness I keep all my old catty's! It is called Times and Seasons. Well, being a Kentucky guy he's into tractors ~ so I thought this would be perfect!
I stamped the image and colored it in with my watercolor crayons. The base card is Handsome Hunter and I layered it with Basic Black and a piece of DP that I had in the drawer. I added some jumbo eyelets and the sentiment on the bottom, from Hero Arts, and I was done. Danielle was pretty happy with it so I was sure he would be too.


Remember the other day when I said I am trying to use the stamps that I have? Well, this is another set I pulled out and dusted off. It's called And Everything Nice. Cute set, actually it's Mom's. She always buys things that I call complicated. She's a big color-er!! (Is that even a word? But you knew what I was talking about though, didn't you??)
The base card is Kraft. I layered a piece of Ruby Red on it that I stamped the flower from Time Well Spent on with Versamark. I then used my watercolor crayons to color the image, then adhered that to a piece of Garden Green. I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner in Ruby Red ink and I was done.
Well, that's all I'm showing you for today. Stay tuned tomorrow for more :)
Hugs,
Joani

6 comments:

AngelRenee said...

Joani, Wow cool post today. Love the pic of your DD and the boyfriend with the Hat! LOL Too cute.. Love the cards of course. I am with you on the images that need a lot of coloring.. LOL Ok for a few cards but if you had to make a bunch of them. No way. LOL.

Love your posts.. Can't wait to see more dusted off sets.. LOL
Renee

Carmen O. said...

Love the cards! That JRR Tolkien quote is awesome. Cute pic of your DD and her BF. Hope you have a great week...oh and how exciting your SIL is joining you in card-making!

Barb said...

What a nice looking couple & he's gotta have a good nature wearing the hat for the pic. I think it's a cute hat but I'm an old lady....LOL

Loving your tractor card.

Gabby said...

OMG Dani looks so grown up!!! She is still little Dani though! LOL! Her BF is a kepper if he can handle the birthday hat!!! LOL! Great cards as always too!

Nicola said...

Love the cards. Dani looks so happy with her bo I hope he looks after her. She's special just like her mom.

Hugs
Nic

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Lovin' that tractor card! Perfect for a dude. And that photo is adorable. Great hat! What a fun tradition. And the little kitty by the fence what a sweet scene. Great layout too! :o)