Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here's a few cards....

Good morning everyone ~ I want to post a few cards for you. Yesterday I was pretty good and sat in my craft room for most of the day. I only had 2 loads of laundry to do, but of course when I got up to check the washer & dryer I had to run upstairs to check this or that out on the computer. If I did not spend so much time on the computer I'm sure I'd get something done....

So here's a peek at what I did accomplish yesterday.


I am in need of a few thank you cards, so that's what I worked on first yesterday. It's better to be a little late with a thank you card than not make one at all.

This first card I made using my theangelcompany™ set called Butterbees & More. I love this set, but when I use it I feel like I cant do it justice. I feel like I am not shading or coloring it right. I do feel that this turned out ok though.

The main card is Kraft paper that I layered with a piece of Chocolate Chip and some DP from my TAC™ Amberly Grace collection. I also used a length of ribbon before I laid down the main image panel. I colored the bird with my watercolor crayons and sponged Close to Cocoa ink around that panel and layered it with a piece of Chocolate Chip paper and a piece of DP from the Hemmingway collection. I also used my TAC™ set called Trendy Greetings for the sentiment panel. When I was done putting the card together I noticed it needed a little something ~ so I added a few prima flowers and I was done.


It is hard to see in the first picture, but here is a close up view of the bird. I used my sakura gel pen on it and it gave the bird a little sparkle.










Here is another card that I made to send as a thank you. I'm not sure that the little angel is right for a thank you card, but it's my new set and the rubber needed to see some ink!


This set is on special now for just a few more days. With a $30.00 purchase you can get this set for only $7.95. It is a mini version of the set that is in the catty.

Anyway, I had to ink it up. And of course with my watercolor crayons that were already out :)

The main card is Soft Sky. I layered that with a piece of Chocolate Chip and a piece of paper that my dear friend Betty was kind enough to run thru her cuttlebug (I so have to get one of those!!). I then layered the middle panel with a piece of DP from theangelcompany™ Rustic Chic collection, Chocolate Chip and some ribbon. The last piece of ribbon on that roll!!!


I colored the image, sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink and layered it on to a piece of Chocolate Chip paper then adhered it to the card with pop dots. I stamped the sentiment in Close to Cocoa & lightly sponged that panel, added Chocolate Chip to it and glued it down.


I also outlined the wings with my sakura gel pen. Here is a close up view of that so you can see.

















The last card that I am going to show you today is for a swap that I am in. The swap was for the colors pink and brown so I pulled out some of my favorite SU! paper, Berry Bliss. I am so glad that it is in the new catty!!

For some reason the Bronc Buster set came to mind. I don't know why Bronc Buster and pink and brown popped up to me ~ but it did so I went with it.

The main card is Chocolate Chip (see a pattern with that today?). I layered it with some Pretty in Pink paper and a piece of DP from the Berry Bliss collection that I sponged with Chocolate Chip ink. I stamped the image and colored parts in with my watercolor crayons. I layered it on to a piece of Creamy Caramel - to stick with the brown theme - and on to a piece of Pixie Pink that I stamped with my Boho Backgrounds stamp. I added the pink ribbon and a little pearl in the center of the star and I was complete.

I hope that you like my creations today. Now I must be off to create some more.

OH! And don't forget to scroll down a couple of days and leave me a comment to be entered for my blog candy. I'm giving away the little tag book that I made ~ and who knows what else might be in the box with it....

7 comments:

Nicola said...

These are all just beautiful. I'm so glad you found time to spend in your craft room.

Hugs
Nic

AngelRenee said...

Wow Wow and more Wow. Just Wow. Love your cards Joani. You make me want to grow up and be a card maker LOL.

Renee

Sarah said...

These cards are fantastic!! I love what you did with the gel pen!!!

Sarah G.

Barb said...

These cards are totally awesome, so well done.
Smiles, Barb

Stephenie said...

These cards are beautiful! I wanted to also thank you for my pretty card. I need to take a pic of it and put it on my blog. It is gorgeous, my hubby even enjoyed it.
Hugs,
stephie

Gabby said...

I love this Joani!!! Love your work!!!

Betty said...

Wahoo! I was lucky recipient of the card with the "bird" on it. It is sooooooo lovely in person!
Thanks Joani...
Betty