Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Howdy, Ho there Neighbor!

he he he.... That so reminds me of Mister Roger's neighborhood. Ahhhh, a memory from the past.....

Well today is Friday, and another week is gone by. Yesterday my dear friend Betty stopped by and we played... She's so bad about surprises and I told her that I had one for her. Well, that's all it took to get her over here.

A while back Betty had shown me a little book that she had got thru SU! that she said was discontinued. Well, I thought that it was the Bitty Book and for the life of me I can not tell you where I just purchased them. There was a lady who's blog I stopped by and she was selling her SU! inventory. She had 4 of them for sale and I bought them all. Well, it was not the same book that Betty had, but she liked it anyway. At first I thought that I would put my ATC's in them ~ but they are 1/4" too small for that. Well, anyway we decorated them yesterday. Betty did 2, one for each of her grandchildren. She is going to put school pictures in them. Me, I don't know what I'm going to do with them ~ but I'm sure I'll find something :) And of course I did not take pictures... But I will.

My SIL also stopped by yesterday. She took my Mom on some errands then brought back Chinese food for us, yuuuuummmm! Then the rest of the afternoon we all sat at the table and crafted. I think after 3 years I've finally given the bug to my SIL. Kathy sat there making some Christmas cards and she was so cute. I love it when I "infect" people with the stamping bug ;-)

Then last night at dinner I receive a call from a lady that buys my items at the Peddler's Mall. She said that she had a friend that wanted 11 post it note holders for Tuesday! She asked me if I could do it and I said of course. So I started on those last night and did as much as I could. I need to go get some more post it notes. So I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Well, the other day I was talking about dusting off some old sets.... Here's one from the past. It is Feathered Hope. I don't think that I've used that one in a while, so here goes.....


All of these cards are watercolored with my watercolor crayons and my aqua painter.

The base of this card is Rose Red. I layered it with some DP from my TAC collection, Angelee and Kamalaht. When I layered the pieces I added some "bling" with the crystal brads before laying those pieces down. I don't care for the brad "legs" to stick thru to the card so I add them before I place the top layers down. I added the image panel to a piece of Elegant Eggplant and adhered that to the card with pop dots and some stickles to the flowers and I was complete!








Another image from the Feathered Hope set was this one that says "to someone special". I guess I'm into birds right now with my bird feeder and bird bath right outside my craft room window. I could sit and watch them all day ~ they are so cute splashing around in the bird bath.

This card was even easier than the first. The base card is Chocolate Chip. I layered a piece of DP from Provo Craft and wiped my Baroque Burgundy ink pad on it. I then took the image panel and layered it on to a piece of Baroque Burgundy and Chocolate Chip paper. I took my word window punch and punched 2 pieces out of Chocolate Chip paper. One I added 3 eyelets to and stuck in the bottom right corner. The other I folded in 1/2, added and eyelet and piece of ribbon and stuck it to the upper left of the image panel. Another quick and easy card.


Speaking of quick and easy.... The last card that I made was this one. The image from the Feathered Hope set.

The base card is Handsome Hunter. I layered a piece of DP from the Kamalaht collection on the paper. The image was layered on to a piece of Garden Green then a piece of DP from the Lilly Anna collection. I added 4 green eyelets to the left side of the image panel and tied a piece of ribbon thru the 2 middle eyelets and that's it!

I still have a couple more images from this set to make into cards ~ but I might not get back here for a couple days. I've got some post it note holders to make.

Thanks for stopping by, and if I don't make it back this weekend hope yours is a great one!
Hugs,
Joani

*** Edited.... I remember where I purchased the SU! Bitty Books. Go to Shelly's blog Stamp with Shelly and take a peek at all the SU! goodies that she has for sale! Oh, I wish I had another of those tax rebate checks :) ***

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Such pretty cards! I love how you added the eyelets. I wish I would think of them more often this way than as a way to "hold" stuff. Great job!

Barb said...

You are so creative with you layouts - I alway get inspired when I drop by here.

Hugs, Barb

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I love these layouts and the way you've used the eyelets & gem brads. Adorable! :O)