Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

I've been busy, can you tell?

Yesterday was a busy busy day for me. I had to finish up some post it note holders that a lady wanted for the people she works with. I also wanted to make a paint can for my hubby's niece. Her sister is going to be here and I thought that I'd make it and send it back with her so I did not have to ship it. She wanted one to keep candy in on the counter at work. So that one I made with cute candy paper. Of course I was a little nervous because it was my first gallon size one and I only had 1 piece of the candy paper. It came out fine. And of course she does not like pink too much, but I did make it mostly brown.... I so hope that she likes it.


What do you think? Not too girly you think?













Then she wanted a can for her pens and such for her desk. She wanted purple and turquoise. Well, I did not have any turquoise paper so I had to improvise and use sky blue. So I made these items for her. The can say's "Tonya" and I used my cricut machine to make the letters for both the cans, the Base Camp cartridge.
The letter's on this can look like they are buckling up but they are not. It's the ribbon on the center of the can that makes it look that way. I used mod podge on the cans to help seal them. The letter's are not going anyplace.

On the back of the post it note holder is dark purple paper. I took some rub on letter's and spelled her name out then mod podged it to protect the letters. Everything matches too, of course!


Do you remember the other day when I said that I received a call from a lady who buy's from me at the Peddler's Mall? Well, she had a friend who wanted 11 of these post it note holders for Tuesday. She wanted them to say "Thank you" instead of "notes". So I finished those up and packaged them so they are ready to go.



She wanted 11 of them ~ 9 for females and 2 for males. The one on the end was the "guy" one. There is no flowers on it :)

Then I wanted to make a little gift for her to thank her for getting the post it note holders, so I made this.

I took one of the cases that the Angel Company stamps come in and used rub on's to decorate it a little. I took a note pad and "covered" it with paper and decorated it a little with some primas and a sentiment that I punched out with my word window punch.

I added a length of ribbon on the side to "attach" a beaded pen. I also altered a black clip and I was done.

I really got a lot done yesterday. I was pretty proud of myself. I stopped once to take my DD and her BFF to the Humane Society. Well, no not take THEM, but take them to go volunteer. Silly...... And I stopped once and ate. But I was pretty much sitting in the craft room all day. I guess it shows, huh?

I do have to apologize for not listing any of the papers that I've used. To be honest, I don't think I could tell you anyway. I have lots and lots of drawers packed with paper. I do have 2 drawers listed with TAC and SU paper. But most of them are just papers that I've picked up from here and there. I can tell you that the plain card stock is from SU! They are the only ones that I buy cs from.

Well ~ today I am off to visit with family. We are going to my sister in law's to visit my hubby's niece and her little baby. Ricky's great niece. Boy, I bet he never thought he'd have one of those. Time goes by so fast!! I can't believe that my daughter is already a junior in high school.

So I'm off ~ and take the time today to call or visit the ones who are close to your heart!
Hugs,
Joani

4 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Joani,

These items are fabulous! I love the decorated TAC case and notepad. I'm sure she'll love it. The Post It Notepads are so pretty and handsome LOL. And the paint cans are great too, I especially like the purple matching set. You sure were busy yesterday!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

WOW! Have you ever been busy. These are gorgeous! What amazing projects. The paint cans are SO cute, I've always wanted to try one of those & the post it notes are such a great idea too. How sweet of you to make the note set gift too. Gorgeous! :o)

Laura lok said...

busy busy busy gal looks great

Gabby said...

Dang Joani...you are on FIRE!!! I am LOVIN' your projects!!! Now I wanna come live with you so you can whip my butt into shape! Maybe I need to put aside the Ho-dom for a while so I can work on projects like I use to instead of just swaps.