Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good Morning!

Howdy everyone!

I have a quick post to show you. Yesterday I sat down and I was having trouble working on things. I would stop and pick up another project or start to tidy up my craft room. I just could not concentrate on doing anything. I actually did finish a card ~ but I think that my brain was sidetracked and you could tell on my card.

I have this HUGE tubby filled with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas stamps. I put all those holiday stamps in it and tuck it away through the year. There is no need for me to keep them all out when I don't use them all year. Besides, it makes more room to buy other stamps! Well the crazy mood I was in yesterday I pulled it out. I had to make the first card with this little guy. I bought these stamps years ago. The hat, kitty, kettle and saying stamps are all from Ann-ticipations. This sour faced kitty can be used with so many different things.


So I preceded to make the card. The base card is Basic Black. I added the background paper from Cloud 9. I stamped the kitty and the kettle and colored them in with my watercolor crayons. I then cut out the image panel and adhered it to a piece of Tangerine Tango. Isn't it perfect how SU! came out with another orange color just in time for Halloween?

I used my mega and giga scallop punches to punch out the orange and purple circles. I placed them on the card before I added the image panel. I also added a ladle in the kitty's paw and another hat to his head with pop dots.

I wanted to add the sentiment panel to the front of the card ~ but I kinda ran out of room so it had to go where it went. Told you I was in a strange mood yesterday! I then added some stickles to the steam coming out of the pot and I was finished - thank goodness.

This is a good idea gone bad! It totally goes to show that if you are not feeling right or in a "mood" that it reflects on your work. It reminds me of a saying I once read when my DD was little "Don't let your Mom brush your hair when she's mad at your Dad". But in this case it was "Don't create anything until your personal black cloud blows by".

On another note....

Danielle is in a class in school called floral design. She is really having fun with this class to the point where she'd like to work at the local florist but you've got to be over 18. Anyway, I wanted to show you what she made and brought home yesterday. I think that it's adorable! What looks like shaved ice in the glass is just smooshed up Styrofoam. Cool, huh?

Well ~ that's enough from me today. I think that my mood has changed a bit and I will try to create something better today to share with you.


Have a great day!!

Hugs,
Joani

7 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Looks like your DD is pretty creative too! Beautiful floral arrangement. I love that card and stamp! I know what you mean about "not feeling it". Sometimes we just have to give ourselves a rest.

Stephenie said...

She is so cute, her little creation is adorable too! Why does she have to be 18? It's 16 here. I know someone who owns a shop I can ask here in Georgetown (the mayor owns it) Just let me know.
Stephenie

Angel Bobbie said...

Real cute Tinkerbell...just like you !!!!!!!
Angel Hugs....Bobbie

Dianette Seda said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what she did! Ohhh and about the card gone wrong? It doesn't show. I really found it cute.

Alley said...

Creativity must run in the gene's. Wonderful project by you and your DD

Linsey R said...

this is such a darling Halloween card, Joani! I love your kitty's witch hat, hehe! totally fabulous layout and design too! I know what you mean about starting-stopping-starting something else halfway thru--I do that all too often. Anyway, your daughter is so pretty and her shaved ice floral arrangement is absolutely spectacular! I would totally buy something like that, very special, fun and cool! She is well on her way to becoming a wonderful florist, alright--you know, I always wanted to do that and my school never offered any class for it. I found out that it's quite difficult to get hired on--they want experience and training I suppose because there is such an art to it. :) I hope she continues on with this, she is very talanted indeed! Hmmm, wonder where she gets that from, lol! hugs and have agreat weekend, my buddy!

kssdesigns said...

Super duper cute Joani!!