Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Hump day everyone!

I don't know if I should say "woo-hoo" or "uh-oh!" that today is Wednesday. Today is my hubby's last day of work for almost a month. Toyota is shutting down production for pretty close to a month. He will be going back to work on January 12th. I guess I should say "woo-hoo" because we do get along very well. When he is home we spend most of our time together. And we work well together. We can do a project or anything and not argue, that's the least I can say for my ex. We'd be in the same room together for 10 minutes and find something to argue about (I guess that's why he's the ex, huh??)

So needless to say, I might be sporadic in my posting.
Betty was here yesterday and we actually created!! Most of the time we sit and chat, look at the clock and think 'we better get to work' and it's time to clean up. She drove in with her hubby on his way to work, we had quite a bit of snow drop.

They say that our county got 3 inches, but for some reason our tape measure is bigger. It was at least 4 1/2 inches. It was our first snow of the season. Since we've been here we've really not seen much snow. But yes, we need it - we've been in a drought for a couple of years.

Now, I'm sure you've seen enough of that ~ wanna see something we created??


Danielle and I have wanted to make real gingerbread cookies for a while. A few years ago we made a house, just from a kit - but it was not all that great. So this year we took a stab at Gingerbread cookies. Mom had a recipe on a bottle of molasses she bought and I read it and thought it looked pretty easy, and it did. Do Danielle and I made some and they were the best cookies!! They are nice and soft and tasty! She wanted to give some to her friends so I made a cute little diaper pouch to put them in. And those are just as easy to make, 4 folds and you are done! I got the directions from SCS - go here.

I used the Santa from my Holiday Tag Team set and water colored him. I used my marvy giga and mega scallop circle punches to punch out the circles ~ the TO: is an old D.O.T.S. stamp, the paper if from the Walmart paper packs and the flowers are felt with a foam snowflake and crystal brad attached to them. The clear bags are from SU! that I tied with some curling ribbon and the light bulb I got at Big Lot's this year.

I hope that you like them, give them a try. Really, you can make lots of them and fill them with goodies to pass out. They are quick, simple and fast.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Joani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

joanie love the gingerbread cookies, to cute. My dd and I are attempting to do gingerbread houses this week we have never done them before. so wish us luck. How nice to have dh home!! hes off longer then our kids for christmas. :) have fun. Blessings Renee

Sam Woodruff said...

Love your blog Joanie...and that Miss Gingerbread looks Yummy.
Visit soon