Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

More of Happy Heart Day!

Howdy everyone! I thought I'd pop in for a bit. I've been busy with family life lately so I'm sorry for not being around much. There was just a few things that I had to take care of.

I've also been busy on the crafting front too. Do you want to see what I've been up to? Of course you do, or you would not be here.


First of all I have to apologize for the fuzzy picture. I'm not sure if I moved the camera or what, but it looks a little fuzzy to me. But at least you can still get it, right.

I used the Happy ♥ Day set for this card. The base card is Pink Pirouette layered with Baja Breeze ans DP from Heidi Grace. I stamped the image and colored it with my watercolors, and punched it out with my oval punch. I sponged some Pixie Pink ink around the layer and adhered it to a piece of Pixie Pink cs. I then cut carefully around the edge with my decorative edge scissors before I placed it on the card. You can not see it to well (once again, sorry) but I added a dot to each little scallop. I then took pieces of Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette paper and scalloped the bottom edge. I layered them kinda catty-whompas (yes, I use this word often IRL) and added a piece of rick rack to it. When I placed it on the card I added some dots to the Baja Breeze layer. I thought it still needed something so I added some primas with crystal brads and stickles to the card and I was finished.

Generally when I stamp an image to color I stamp it twice, sometimes 4 times. I am used to making at least 2 or 4 cards of the same. Unless I am making a card for someone for their birthday or I'm thinking about them. Then it's just one ~ because it's special. I had stamped this image twice. The first one I punched out with my oval punch, and there was not enough room on the paper to punch the oval twice, so I cut it out in a rectangle. I did pretty well, because I used my rectangle colluzle to cut out the Pink Pirouette layer - then I added that to a piece of Basic Black.

The base card is Pink Pirouette layered with Cloud 9 DP and a piece of Basic Black that was run thru the CB. I added some lace and ribbon to the middle before laying down the image panel with pop dots. I made some photo corners and before I cut them I punched them with my Friskars corner punch. I kinda wanted the same effect as the lace. I added some stickles to the image and I was done!

And don't forget my blog candy! I've got a few people so far ~ but there has to be more that want a chance!! Go for it! Heck, it's free!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,

Joani

1 comment: