Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowy, snowy Tuesday

Good snowy morning to you! Can you guess what the weather's doing here? Yup, snowing. It started last night. We've been getting snow, rain, freezing rain and sleet since last night. Just about all the schools are closed again today. The news report said that there is over 421 school and business closings. Hubby was in hopes that they'd call work too, but they didn't. While it's so pretty to look at I'm just glad that I don't have to go out in it.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments about my Mom. The doctor called yesterday with the test results. It looks like Mom's been having a series of small strokes. Isn't there sign's of this? Don't you think we would of been able to notice that? Sure, she's forgetful, but we thought that was just age. They said diet will help - not that she does not eat right now. She has a bad gall bladder that they can't take out because of her lungs. They said she wont make it thru surgery - but other than that they've told her to take aspirin every day. I just watch her close.

Ok, enough of the bad. Let's get to something good, ok.

Betty stopped by last week for a play day. Of course we chatted quite a bit, then we went out to eat. But when we got back I got to stamp some of these images that Betty brought. This is a SU! set that I don't have and of course I had to ink it up. It's called Listen with the Heart.

The base card is Riding Hood Red. I layered on a piece of DCWV white then another piece of Riding Hood Red that I stamped the swirls from my Fancy Pants-Pollen Dust Collection with white and black ink and added a length of red organdy ribbon. The image and sentiment panels I stamped with Real Red and added a piece of vellum over the top with small eyelets and I was done!

We received a phone call this weekend that my cousin passed away. He was quite sick for some time and he was waiting to hear back, he was in need of a lung transplant. I wanted to make a card for his wife letting her know that I was thinking of her. I did not want to make a sympathy card because I know from experience that sometimes even though they are to let the person know that you are sorry for their loss, it can make you even more sad. I just wanted her to know that I was thinking of her, so that brought me to this card.



Of course one of my favorite sets of paper is the Bella Rose collection from SU! I think that it is so pretty, and it matched the stamp that I wanted to use on the card.

The stamp is from PSX (one of my first from 1992). I stamped it on watercolor paper and used my watercolor crayons to color in the image. The base card is Basic Black layered with Pink Pirouette and Bella Rose DP. The image panel is also layered with Basic Black and Pink Pirouette and I sponged some Purely Pomegranate ink around that layer. I tied a length of white organdy ribbon around the base panels before adhering it to the card. The sentiment panel is actually a boo-boo. I was going to use my Fancy Pants Pollen Dust set instead of the Bella Rose paper and I did not like how it turned out so it went to the scrap pile ~ then I pulled it out for this piece. I stamped the sentiment "Thinking of You" in Purely Pomegranate over the scrap piece and paper peirced it before attaching it to the Basic Black panel. I also sponged some Purely Pomegranate ink around that layer also. When the card was put together I thought that it needed something so I added a little bit of "bling" to it with my Sakura gel pen. I hope that it brightens her day.

That's all I have for today. I hope to see you again tomorrow!
Have a great day!!
Hugs,

Joani

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Joani, your cards are fabulous! You do such a wonderful job with your cards. I love the Bella Rose pp too! I have something for you at my blog. So the snow is supposed to come this way tonight...wonder if it'll still be as strong?

Oma said...

Both cards are beautiful but I especially like the 2nd one with the rose. Gorgeous!

Bridgett Owens said...

Both of the cards are beautiful! I am thinking of your mother and hope that her health will improve. I am sorry for your loss. I know this card will bring comfort to your cousin's wife in this incredibly difficult time.
Hugs,
Bridgett