Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Did you survive Green Eggs & Lephrachauns?

I hope that today finds you all well.
Hubby's still a little sick, but now I think that Mom's come down with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't catch it. I'm the only one in the house without insurance! And no honey, just because I love you does not mean that we have to share EVERYTHING....
Let's see... I have something to show you. I'm still working on Easter cards. I love Easter, and the spring feeling that it brings. When Danielle was little I used to dress her up ~ hat, gloves and the whole ball of wax... I think that Easter is one of those holidays that Mom's secretly love because they can dress their little one's up in their finest and take pictures. I was lucky too. When Danielle was little she did not like dirt. Heck, we took her to the beach and she didn't like the sand. Same for the snow. She didn't like the things that 'felt' weird to her. When we went places she sat in my lap and did not get down to get dirty with the other kids. NOW, oh now I can't say that. Her idea of a great day would be to go muddin' or 4-wheelin' with her friends. Weird, weird, weird.... Good thing I've got all the pictures of when she was little....
While I'm on the subject of Easter, I thought that I'd show you a couple of pictures from the past since I'm reminiscing..... If you don't want to hear my family babble then scroll down for the cards....
This one was of Danielle and I at Easter in 1997. Back when she was not embarrassed of wearing the same thing as her Mom.

Then that same year-just after we went to have our pictures done. My Mom was President of the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW and I was the secretary. A job that I proudly held for 3 1/2 years. I was hood-winked into being the Easter bunny that year for the kids. I really loved it, but I'll tell you it was HOT in that costume! I was so glad to peel it off when I was done! And of course if I had to wear the costume, Mom had to wear the ears Ü

Ok, enough of the past. On to the present. Oh-where was I? Yes, that's right. Easter cards....

I thought what about some giant eggs for Easter? So I stamped the eggs from the Spring Fling set in Positively Pink, Only Orange, Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise and Lovely Lilac. The bunny I stamped in Chocolate Chip from the Bunny Hugs set and colored him in with my pencils and gamsol. The base card is Pacific Point and layered it with Tangerine Tango. The grass I hand cut from a piece of Garden Green. For the sentiment I took that and stamped it in Only Orange on to a piece of Certainly Celery and layered it on to a piece of Pink Pirouette with a flag cut out of Pixie Pink. I used my nesties to cut those layers out.
The Lovely Lilac egg was covered with glitter so it would stand out a little more. I used a pop dot to adhere it to the front of the card. The sentiment on the inside is from D.O.T.S. and it is stamped in Only Orange. The dots on the inside and outside of the card are made with my old pens "DottaRiffic" that I've had for years. They have 2 ends and they make perfect dots.
That's all I have for today, is that enough? I'm going to work on more to show you tomorrow. I've got an eye doctor appointment today. Gotta check the peepers - it's been 5 years!!
Have a great day, and I'll be back tomorrow!
Hugs,
Joani

3 comments:

Bren said...

Adorable, I don't think I could handle being in a suit or costume that goes over my head. Never have, and don't really want to.

Glad you found my blog, I will be visiting yours too.

Brenda

Isn't paperwings awesome.

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Joani! Great Easter card and great pictures from the past! Your daughter is adorable and so are you! Great work on your card! Love the glittery egg! Best, Curt

Betty said...

Joani
Love the family photo - Danielle looks sooooo cute and you look soooo young! HA!

Betty