Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm so sorry it's been a while since I've posted. But I've been busy. The first thing that I wanted to share was Betty, Mom and I went to the Creating Keepsakes convention last Friday. It was nice to get away and go to a show. I've not been to one in years, even though it was not really geared for the stamper ~ it was more of a scrap book show. Well I scrap too so I guess I still scored on some deals.

BUT --> the kicker!! When we went in to pay I noticed that Stacy Croninger was there!! OMGoodness! Paper crafting Royalty! So Betty went up and asked her if she would take a picture with us and she did. Of course the picture came out fuzzy, but we knew it was her ~ that's all that matters!

Now tell me, how cool was that!!

Then on the way out Betty asked this lady walking by if she would take a picture of us. Once again Mrs. Betty did it right! This lady was a professional photographer!! She had us standing this way and that. And she asked if she could do a funny picture and here is what we did Now out of all the people Betty could of asked, she asked a photographer! I asked the woman for her name and she said that's fine - she likes to do things like that. How cool!

So we get home and Mrs. Betty finds another gathering of sorts that we can go to! We are going to go to an SCS get together this coming Saturday! How cool is that!! And I hear that another lady who lives here in town is going.... I have made a lot of friendships that I cherish thru the internet. Most I have actually met in person. Now a chance to meet some more!!

Ok - are you ready for a creation? Here goes!

Not having many Easter stamps, well actually I do have a few - but they are all the same from years past. I guess I just have not purchased any new Easter stamps - so I went looking thru my drawer the other day and noticed that I have a stamp of Easter lillies. I thought well that should work!

The stamp is from The Stamp Pad Company and is one of my first stamps I had purchased. I also used the set Bunny Hugs. The base card is Barely Banana. I layered it with Pink Pirouette, Garden Green and Summer Sun. I stamped the image and colored it in with my watercolors.

I layered the image on to a piece of Summer Sun, then Garden Green that I tore the edge with. All that is layered on to a piece of Pink Pirouette that I hand stitched. I added the length of ribbon and attached it all to the card. I stamped the sentiment in Garden Green on Summer Sun cs and cut it out with my nestie. I added eyelets to that and attached it to a piece of Garden Green cs that I cut with my oval punch. I added some stickles to the flowers and I was complete.

So, you like?

Today is bill paying day and run around day ~ so I hope to get back to my craft room at a decent time this afternoon to make something for you to see tomorrow!

Have a great day!
Hugs,


Joani

5 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds/looks like you had fun and that's the most important! Love your card, beautiful work as always.

Have a great Tuesday hope you get back to your scraproom.

Barb said...

Very cool pics, looks like you guys were just having way too much fun.

Lou Sims said...

Great card and love that stamped image.

Great photo's and love that "see no, hear no and speak no evil" pose you all took!

Trudy Osborn said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I LOVE, LOVE, Love it

marsha said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! I also love the card you posted, it is gorgeous!

Hugs,
Marsha