Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Happy Friday!

Good morning, well almost afternoon. It's a dreary, gloomy day in my part of the world ~ how about you? Just yesterday I was outside taking pictures of my tulips that have bloomed and now today is gloomy. But they say April showers.... hopefully this will ring true.



Danielle had friends of hers stay over last night. Tonight she's got to babysit. She's going to be one tired girl come Saturday with all the lack of sleep.



Of course I'm still waiting by the door for Saturday to come. I can't wait to go to the SCS get together this weekend. I just love meeting new people, especially ones who love to paper craft! I've made lots of friends over the Internet, and I cherish all of them. This is just a chance to meet more!!



Ok - enough of the blah blah blah. Let's get on with it, shall we...



Yesterday I was in the mood to make something other than Easter. I may make one or two more Easter cards, but I'm not sure. So here's what yesterday brought to me.



I created this with the SU! set Heart Blossoms. I've gone back to this set many times over the years. I just love the images.

I used the SCS sketch challenge #218 for this card. Sometimes when I get stuck I go back to the sketches from SCS and it helps with the inspiration. The base card is Old Olive that I've layered with Barely Banana and Parisian Summer. I used Baroque Burgundy ink around some of the edges. I colored the image with my pencils and gamsol and outlined it with my Copic Cool Grey #1 marker. I bought that at the convention because I love how a lot of others outline their images. The inside of the card is layered with Barely Banana and I stamped the sentiment with Baroque Burgundy and punched it out with my small and large oval punches.

I hope that this gives you a little bit of inspiration. I have 2 projects that I want to show you, but I will wait til after the get together tomorrow in case someone sees. I don't want to spoil it for them.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,

Joani

No comments: