Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, April 13, 2009

My Little Cupcake

How was your Easter? I hope that it was blessed with Family and Friends. And that the weather held out for you for those Easter egg hunts Ü It was absolutely beautiful here. A little breeze, but that was fine.

Yesterday Danielle and I sat and talked for well over an hour. It was so nice. Just her and I chatting like a couple of friends. We talked about everything. From boys, to school, to grades, to sex, to driving, to other kids, the future.... it was a real eye opener. And it was not like she was my daughter. I mean, we talked and it was like two adults. I felt really connected to her. For some reason over the years we've been close ~ but I've felt like she doesn't want to talk to me about things. Like maybe she thinks I be mad at her, which is silly. But you have to think with the mind of a teen I guess. Anyway we talked and I told her how proud of her I was and that I loved her. She really is a good kid with a good head on her shoulders. I am one proud Mom.

Ok, enough of that. I'll start to tear up.... On with the show....
You like it? I just love cupcakes!! This set is called Little Cupcakes by The Angel Company. I needed to make a few cards to send for RAKS and I thought that this was a cute stamp to send out.
The base card is Pretty in Pink and I layered it with Rose Red and some Winterberry DP from TAC. I stamped the image from Little Cupcake and colored it in with my pencils and gamsol then cut it out with my Mega scallop oval punch and sponged some Tempting Turquoise ink around that layer. I punched out a piece of Rose Red with my Giga scallop oval punch and layered it on to a piece of Pretty in Pink that I cut out with m nestabilities. Once that was all layered and added to the card I applied some stickles to the cupcakes frosting for some "bling". I stamped the sentiment with Positively Pink ink and I was complete.
Next I want to show you a couple of little things that I made for Danielle's friends for Easter. I thought that they'd be a little bigger than what they were but they still turned out fine, and I could still fit some cookies inside.

These were made with my Top Note die from SU! The paper used was Pale Plum and Parisian Summer. They really were easy to make ~ I'll have to do a tutorial to show you. Would anyone like that?

This one was made with So Saffron and Delicate Dots DP.

Well ~ that's all I have for today. I've got to go do something creative... Oh and don't forget if you haven't see it to scroll down to my last post. TAC is having a great promotion right now! Grab bags!! Check out the post HERE.

Have a great day!
Hugs,

Joani

4 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Your bags/purses are fabulous! I would love a video on it. I think I can use my nestabilities label one for this, maybe it's not quite big enough. I like your cupcake card too. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

Mona Pendleton said...

Joani, I love your purses and cards! I love all your color choices! The cupcake card looks yummy!:)

Lou Sims said...

WOW you have been busy and love those cute bags. Yep, if you're up for a tutorial, you know I'll be keen ! ! !

Hope you had a great Easter,

Lou
x

marsha said...

Love the cupcake card and the purses are just too cute! I would also love to see a tutorial on these.

Hugs,
Marsha