Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, June 26, 2009

I am here!!

Barely!

We had some terrible storms last night, it was awful!! Here we are in the middle of the night in the attic because we had a leak in our room. I don't even want to ask 'what next?'!! It was right next to my computer. Oh, what would I do without that!!!

I know that I've apologized before for not being around, but I have an excuse. Me and my big ideas with digital scrapbooking. I've become so addicted to it that I want to learn more ~ so I joined a group called digital scrapbook place. Oh, it's wonderful! And there is a member on there who's been giving me "lessons" so to speak. She's very kind to take me on, and very patient. It's really amazing what you can do.

I know, I know ~ enough of the blah blah blah's. You want to see some cards don't you? Ok, hold on to your hat - here we go!
This first card I made a week or so ago. Betty left this stamp set with me to use and believe me I used the heck out of it. I love this set!! It's by SU! called Fresh Cuts. And yes, I had to use Chocolate Chip.

The base card is Chocolate Chip that I layered with Certainly Celery and Barely Banana. I stamped the leave images in Chocolate Chip and Old Olive on white cs. I then layered Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery cs over that with a length of ribbon and the three eyelets. I stamped the main image in Chocolate Chip on white cs and cut it out with my coluzzle. I then cut out 2 more layers with my coluzzle in Chocolate Chip and Barely Banana. If you look close you can see that I shaded part of the image panel with yellow chalk. I added some small flowers to that panel and layered it with pop dots and I was complete. I thought that it turned out really pretty. I actually have it sitting on my desk.

For this card I used another one of Betty's sets. Isn't she nice enough to let me use her stuff? I'm so bored with my stamps right now and Betty's been kind enough to let me use hers.

This set is called Pretty Amazing. I stamped the images on to a piece of white cs and I tried to keep the colors like those on the DP Summer Picnic. I then cut out the image panel with my scallop oval nestie ~ I did the same for the panel I layered under it in Real Red. I took the Summer Picnic DP and layered that on to the card with some ribbon. The image panel was added to the card with some pop dots, as well as the bird. The sentiment panel is from the Fresh Cuts set that I stamped with Old Olive ink and cut out with my coluzzle. The layer under that is some scrap DP that I punched out with my Marvy oval scallop punch.

I think it turned out really cheerful, don't you?

That's all I've got for you right now ~ I don't want to spoil you *Ü*

I'll try to be back later to show you some more! Have a super great day!!

4 comments:

Carmen O. said...

BEAUTIFUL CARDS!! Loving them both they're so elegant and pretty. Gosh Joani...such lovely work. Have a fabulous weekend!!

marsha said...

Awesome cards! I especially love the Fresh Cuts card you made - stunning!

Hugs,
Marsha

theneon said...

Both of these are absolutely lovely and yes, "cheerful" too.

Susie Sugar said...

Oh these are Gorgeous cards Joani,
Love the colours and the image is fab I love your cards
Hugs Susie xx