Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, June 29, 2009

I am here!

I think that I'm back on track... I think...

I'm sorry for the lack of posts, I've just been busy with life things I guess. It happens...

Yesterday Betty stopped by. Totally shocked me. It was after dinner, and of course she always stops by when I look, ahem, at my "prettiest"... Isn't that always the way. But of course as soon as I saw what was in her hot little hands I had to hug her and show her in to sit down!! Yes, it was the new SU! catty!!! OMGoodness, it's wonderful!! I thanked her and told her 'now you know what I'm going to be doing for the next 3 days!'. When they left we sat in the living room and I had already been thru the catty. You know, the quick take a look kinda thing. Then when we were in the living room Danielle said "didn't you just look thru that?" Silly kid, of course ~ but that was the preliminary look. Now I've got to look again. And again. And again... They really did it up nice this time! Tomorrow I'll show you what she gave us too, it's adorable!

Are you ready for a card? I hope so, here goes.

This card I made with my TAC set Little Cupcake. I stamped the cupcake image and masked it off to stamp the candle peeking out from behind the cupcake. I colored most of it in with my pencils and gamsol. I used my markers for things like the dots, cherry and candle flame. The base card is Perfect Plum. Yes that retired in 2004 but on a organizing frenzy I found a 1/2 full pack of it!! I layered the card with Green Galore, Pink Pirouette and DP from TAC's A Little Whimsy collection. I stamped the sentiment with Pink Passion ink. It is actually 2 sayings but I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place it so it says "birthday cupcake wishes". I added a length of organdy ribbon and some stickles and I was complete.

I don't think that I've shared the new site I've found with you yet. It's called Digital Scrapbooking Place. OMGoodness, they are awesome. It is such a wonderful site with SO many helpful people it's unreal! I've spent a short amount of time there this weekend and there is so much to learn. Yes, I've used so many freebie kits doing the digital scrapping ~ but I hope to someday be able to make the kits and papers and embellies to digi scrap. And I'm sure that hanging out there will help me learn. They are so patient and kind to beginners, you've got to go peek just to check it out. If anything you will be inspired!

It's time for me to go. I've got some wife-ly duties to take care of. I will be glad when one day the find toilets that clean themselves. Until then, it's my job.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Kharlie Bug said...

Super Cute!

Angel Bobbie said...

Joani...when you find toilets that clean themselves let me know...I want one. also floors the mop themselves. dishes that clean themselves....all those fun things we women have to do.
Angel Hugs...Bobbie

Susie Sugar said...

Yummy ..........and calorie free too
hugs Susie xx