Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, June 08, 2009

A little purse for you...

When people place orders from me I always try to do a little something for them. When I started stamping many years ago I had a demo who I ordered from each month faithfully, and ordered lots, who I must say was awful. We would go to her home each month and place our orders and she would never offer water or anything to drink. She'd put us in her sun room (which was hot with no A/C) and we'd place our orders. Sometimes, not all the time, she would have a card for us to make. One time I had to take Danielle and she actually charged me for Danielle to make the card! Then to top it all off she'd have us go to her home to pick up our orders because she could not make it out to us ~ it was about 30 miles away.

So needless to say I learned from that experience. I was not asking for anything ~ but the amount of money we were spending with this person she could of taken time to send us a thank you card or something. So now when I have my party's I make sure that I spend the time to make a little something as my way of saying thank you.

Ok - after that long story, here is something that I made for one of my last parties.

I was having trouble with adding the text on the pictures, if you have trouble seeing it just click on the picture and it will bring it up larger for you to see.

The first thing you want to do is make the inner box. The top piece is before you trim and get ready to apply tape. One thing I do to is before the box is adhered you want to add a cut out to it. I used my tab punch for this.

Then you want to cut out 3 rectangles for the box. Two for the back and front and the 3rd is cut in 1/2 for the flap. I used my scallop rectangle nestie to cut them out. They you want to run them thru the cuttlebug to add a design to the paper.Once you've done that then score them on your scor-pal and apply the tape strips to them.Now you will tape them together and they are ready to add the inner box.Now you will add the inner box.

Here I added a scallop circle and a 1 3/8" circle to the flap with a button on the front. Behind it is a piece of Velcro for the closure.Add a piece of ribbon for a handle and you are done!

Supplies used:
1 3/8" circle punch
Scallop Circle Punch
Largest Scallop Rectangle Nestie Small
The Angel Company Mimi DP
Ribbon
Fancy Pants Button
Velcro
Scor-Pal
Cuttlebug
Devine Swirl & Love Language folders

I'd love to see what you come up with! If you give it a try, link it back here and let me know. Like I said I'd love to see it!!

Have a great day!!
Hugs,

Joani

4 comments:

Betty said...

I am the recipient of one of these cute little boxes - they are adorable....

Betty

marsha said...

Joani - this is so adorable! I love your creativeness, I'm going to have to try and make one of these.

Hugs,
Marsha

Kim said...

Adorable!

Sonia said...

Hi Joani
I love your box.. look adorable.
Thanks for sharing!!!
Greetings, Sony
Newbie Angel!!! ;)