Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Post it!

I've always been a fan of post it notes. Even when I worked I always had post it notes everywhere. Let me say that the person who came up with that idea was a genius! But now it is our job to find a way to make them pretty. Actually anything that I see I am always trying to find a way to alter it. I'm sure that we all are. We go to the store and we see packaging or items and we look at another way to make it pretty, don't we? You know I'm right... And yes, my hubby thinks I'm loony!

I made these little post it note holders. Are they not perfect for your purse or car? Even to leave them on your desk?

The base of these holders are Brilliant Blue, Yo Yo Yellow and Almost Amethyst. The other punched layers are Pixie Pink, So Saffron and Lovely Lilac. I stamped the images from my In Full Bloom set that I colored in with my watercolor crayons. I cut the image out with my coluzzle and layered it on to 2 alternating pieces that I punched with my Marvy punches. I paper pierced the outer scalloped layer. The bee was also cut out and pop dotted to the top for a 3D effect. I used a small piece of velcro to keep the holder closed.

Here's another holder that was made for the long post it notes. The base of the holder is Marigold Morning that I layered with some Rainbow Sherbet DP. I added a piece of ribbon and stamped the word "notes" from my TAC grab bag of stamps I had. These were quick and easy and make nice gifts. I do have to say that the idea was not entirely mine. I picked it up from Beth over at Blooming Where I'm Planted. She's got lots of ideas, go check her out!!
I think that's all I've got for you now. How this inspires you.

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

OH Joani, you make the cutest stuff! I love the post it notes holder and the notes holder. Fabulous work!

Allison Rankin said...

Super altered notepads...that second one is my fav!