Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, September 11, 2009

T.G.I.F.

Happy T.G.I.F. everyone! 
I've been quite the busy beaver yesterday.  I got a lot of cards made and I want to share a few with you.  I do hope that I get it right.  As I mentioned yesterday I updated my blogger and things are a little different so I might have a wonky looking blog until I get the hang of it...  I guess I'm just appologizing in advance.

One of the cards that I made was this one with the Classic Pickups set.  I wanted to make some guy cards and this set is perfect for it!
I stamped the image from the Classic Pickups set and colored it in with my watercolor crayons.  The base card is Close to Cocoa that I layered with So Saffron and DP from The Angel Company Willoughby collection.  Before adhering the So Saffron piece I punched it with the punch from my Carl Tozzicle.  I know that SU has a similar punch, but why buy it when I have something else that would do the trick?  So I punched out the top of the So Saffron piece and then distressed the edge.  Before adhering it to the card I added the DP and length of Soft Suede ribbon.  I layered the image to a piece of Close to Cocoa cs and adhered it to the card.  I stamped the sentiment 'your a classic' with black ink, layered it to a piece of Chocolate Chip scrap and added that to the card.  In the lower right corner I added the words 'birthday wishes' from The Angel Company set Little Cupcake with versamark.  Inside the card I added a piece of So Saffron and white cs.  I stamped the sentiment from an old D.O.T.S. set called Birthday Wishes in Close to Cocoa ink and I was complete.

This next card I think can be used for either a male or female birthday.  I tried not to use too "pretty" of colors. 


I stamped the image from the Viola set and then stamped it again on some Au Chocolat DP.  I cut out the parts that I wanted to use on the DP and layered them on to the white cs stamped image.  I colored the rest of the image with my watercolors and markers.  The base card is Bashful Blue that I took one of my rollers and stamped the swirls with Bliss Blue ink then I added a length of Chocolate Chip along the left edge of the card.  I took the stamped image and layered it on to a piece of Chocolate Chip cs that I punched out the bottom with my scallop edge punch.  I also paper peirced the top right corner.  I stamped the sentiment 'oh happy day' from The Angel Company purchase with purchase stamps in Bliss Blue ink, punched it out with my Word Window punch and layered it on to a piece of Chocolate Chip cs that I punched with my Modern Label punch.  For the inside I layered a piece of white cs and a piece of Chocolate Chip cs.  I stamped the sentiment 'happy birthday' from D.O.T.S. in Chocolate Chip ink and I was complete.

That's all I've got for you now.  I will try to post more later ~ if not, then tomorrow. 

In closing I would also like to take a minute to mention that we all know what today is.  Please take a moment to reflect how lucky we are to have our families with us and to keep the families affected by this tragedy in our thoughts and prayers.  This is something that we should never forget.

No comments: