Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Bountiful Harvest

You know when you see a stamp and think "oh that will look nice" and it takes time to color it ~ then to just hack it away with your punch or die cut?  Yup, that's what I did with this stamp.  I was working on my Thanksgiving cards and I have this stamp by D.O.T.S. that is really cute.  I use it a lot.  It's a cornucopia filled with a harvest bounty and I colored it in with my pencils and gamsol.  Being careful to shade everything just right for Fall colors only to hack most of it away with one of my nesties...  Grrrr...

You cant even tell it's a cornucopia...  Oh well.  The thought was there. 

I stamped the cornacopia from D.O.T.S. and colored it in with my pencils and gamsol then I cut it out with my Standard Circles small nestie and layered it on to a piece of More Mustard that I punched out with my Marvy Giga scalloped circle punch.  I set that aside and started to layer the card.  The base card is Ruby Red that I layered with Close to Cocoa and a piece of DP from Creative Imaginations Debbie Mumm Harvest collection.  I took a piece of rust colored ribbon and layered it on the left side of the card.  I then stamped the saying 'thanksgiving blessings' from Printworks in black ink and layered that on to a piece of Ruby Red cs.  I also stamped the leaf image by Alextamping with my Big and Juicy Foliage ink pad on to white cs and layered it on to a piece of Ruby Red cs.  I then took both of those layers and added them on top of the ribbon at the left.  I then pierced the holes around the scallop circle on my main image and used pop dots to add it to the card and I was complete.

I've got something else that I'm working on today that is Fall also.  I am having trouble getting to work on things with Dixie around.  She is in the exploring stage right now and wants out every 5 minutes.  I can't ignore her just in case she wants out to do her business.  We get outside and she just wants to play and explore.  She's really funny too!  She loves weeds.  Not to eat or anything, just to play with.  I told Ricky that we should get one of those cat toy's with the feather on the end of the stick to play with her, that's almost like the weeds.

Anyway ~ I hope to be back tomorrow to show you some more Fall inspiration!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great hack job on the cornucopia, lol. Dixie is cute, yep she'll make sure you get enough fresh air Ü
Hugs~
Rita