Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm here ~ really I'm here.

Thank you everyone for being patient with me.  I've been away for a while - but I've not been doing nothing.  I've been busy that's for sure.

My "drama" started last week.  It was last Wednesday and Danielle when Danielle came home from school.  Two of her good friends (the twins) drive her home from school and Danielle walked in the house and said that they heard this loud crack out front and it was the tree.  Well I go out there and looked at the tree in the front yard and sure enough it was cracked in 3 different places and one of the branches was actually broken off the tree and laying on another.  I thought that standing under it was probably not a good idea at that point.

Well I came in and called hubby.  He was going to run some errands after work and I told him that he should probably come home instead.  I knew that we were going to have to cut the tree down and with it getting dark early he would not have much time.  I hate to see trees fall - they are all so beautiful in their own way and it takes them so  long to grow.  When we had the ice storm this past winter there were 4  or 5 trees on the other side of the street that fell, it's so sad.

Here is the tree just before we cut it down.


Hubby and his sister pulling the branches out of the way and starting to bundle them.

The tree cracked right in the crotch of it - in 3 different places.  It's just sad...

I'll be back to show you some more of my busy week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! that just happened to our tree too, this past July. It got hit by Lightning and it split into 3 sections it was a Boston Pear tree. It was so beautiful and now it's gone . I does make one sad.

Vera Matson said...

Is that a Bradford Pear? Those pear trees are notorious for splitting like that! The builders in my hometown in NC plant them everywhere, and I see so many of them split! Thanks for sharing your craft fair experiences. Good luck with them!