Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just a card today

I don't have much to show you today ~ I made a card for Danielle's boyfriend.  She asked me to make a card for him for his birthday.  She's the one who can sit down and whip out a card in 15 minutes and it looks great.  Me, well it takes a tad bit longer than that (ok more than a tad - 1/2 a day!!).  And of course I wanted it to be nice because she is at this stage where she's kinda picky and if it was not right I'm sure that I would of had to put it in my stash and start over. 

To be safe I asked her to pick out what she wanted on the card - and the colors.  I figured that way I could not get it too wrong, huh??

She picked out an image from Darcie's and the colors blue.  I had a hard time coloring the image because I wanted to do cute pinks ~ but it was for a guy, so I had to refrain.

The base card is Pacific Point and she wanted layered it with Bashful Blue.  So I found a cute piece of DP that had the blue stripes and it did not have a maker on it, so sorry.  I colored the image with my pencils and gamsol and a couple markers.  Then I used my stickles on it and let it dry overnight.  I cut the center out and made a shaker card.  The little confetti inside is blue, gold and silver birthday cakes.  The card actually measures 5 1/2" x 5 3/4".  I cut a half inch off of the right side of the card so I could use my cuttlebug to emboss the dots on the right side opening.  So, you think he'll like it??

Sorry this post is short today ~ but I've got things to do...  Appointments & such.  I'll be back tomorrow!

OH!  And don't forget to check out this post for the blog candy that Julie is giving away.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Cute card! I love the colors!!

Cynthia:)