Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Mother's Day

I've got some more Mother's Day cards to show you.  I sure hope that they give you some ideas, some inspiration.  When I blog hop I love to take a peek at what everyone makes, I'm sure you do to.  No matter how hard I try to re-create something that I've seen (case) I just can't.  There are some cards that I want to make just as they are - but my hands and my brain don't work like that.  It is always different.  But if there is ever anything that you see on here and you want to case it, I am more than happy to have you do so.  It makes me happy to know that you like my work that much - all I ask is that you give me the credit.

Enough of that...  Let's take a look at the cards...
I whipped up this card yesterday afternoon.  I had purchased some of the Melon Mambo DP and I don't think that I've used it, til now.

I stamped the image from Memories of the Heart.  It's an old set that a goodie ~ I think that it's perfect for Mother's Day.  I stamped the image and used my watercolor crayons to color it in.  I cut it out and used some stickles on the flowers and set it aside while I put the rest of the card together.  I took a light pink piece of linen card stock and layered the Melon Mambo DP on top of it.  I took my nesties Labels Nine and cut out a piece of the pink linen card stock and stamped the word "Mom" in Rose Red ink and attached it to the card.  Once that panel was adhered I attached a length of organdy ribbon and attached the whole panel to the card front.  By then the stickles was dry on the flowers and I attached the image to the front of the card.  I finished off the inside and I was complete.
I'm still not sure about this card.  I love the flowers in the Full Bloom set - I've used them a lot for various things, but I'm still not sure about this card.

The base card is Pink Pirouette (I'm so GLAD that this color is coming back!!) and I layered it with Pretty in Pink and some Georgia Peach DP.  I added a piece of ribbon that was in my scraps because it has the same colors as the Georgia Peach DP.  I stamped the swirl from Judikins in Close to Cocoa ink directly on the DP.  I then took a piece of Blush Blossom paper and crumpled it and inked the edges, also with Close to Cocoa ink and adhered it to the card.  I stamped the images from the In Full Bloom set and colored them in with my watercolor crayons and added that panel to the card over the Blush Blossom panel.  I also stamped 3 more and colored them in and cut them out and pop dotted them on to the card a little offset from the others.  I stamped the word "Mom" in the lower left corner and a little stickles to the flowers and I was complete.
A lot of times I will stamp an image and if I can I will look for it online and provide a link to it just in case you would like to see where they are offered ~ however the Mom, Mother's Day and the swirl stamps that I've used in these cards are no longer available that I can tell.  The Happy Mothers Day stamp that I used inside these cards I did find on EBay, but I felt a little weird posting that link for the benefit of someone who I don't know.

I will try to come back later today and show you another card...  So, see you later!!

1 comment:

Patti J said...

As always, your cards are so pretty! Great job! I know exactly what you are saying about Caseing! I can 'case' something, and it's almost uncanny how UN-alike it is from what I was copying! lol...