Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm blowing it, I know...

I know, I'm blowing it.  I'm showing what I've made for the shoebox swap that I'm going to the end of July.  Hopefully those who are going to attend will "forget" about this post by then.  I just wanted to show you what I've been busy making. 

The theme of the swap is Christmas in July.  Trust me, I really did not want to make a Christmas card.  I fought with the thought on what to make for a couple of weeks.  Christmas will be here soon enough, no need to speed it up...  But I did see in one of the craft magazines that I get a lady wrote in and said that when she sits at her craft table and makes a card she does not get up until she makes one Christmas card, then by the time Christmas rolls around she is already done with her cards.  That is a GREAT idea, but I don't want all those stamps laying around all year either...

So, enough of that ~ let's see what I've been up to.
If you've been around my blog for a while you know that I don't really care to make Christmas cards with the traditional red and green.  I like to do blues and purples, colors that are not so traditional.  I tend to step out of the box ~ as I did with this card. 

The base of this easel card is Ballet Blue that I layered with white, Pacific Point and some DP from Paper Pizzaz and Imagine That.  I stamped the image from SU! Polar Bears and only had to color in their scarfs.  I cut the image panel and the Pacific Point layer out with my nestie small and large circles.  I also stamped the stars and colored them in with gel pens to give it a little shimmer.

I stamped the sentiment from the same set in with Ballet Blue ink and hand cut it out with the Pacific Point layer I adhered it to.  I had some scrap Ballet Blue left from making the card and I used my scallop border punch and used that on the center of the bottom piece.  I then used my jumbo snowflake punch and punched a bunch of white and Ballet Blue snowflakes.  I used my sakura gel pen on half of the white and half of the Ballet Blue flakes and adhered two to the top and two to the bottom of the easel card.  I then used a pop dot to adhere the stars over the top of the snowflakes on the top of the easel and I adhered a half pearl to the bottom ones. 

It it a quick card except for all the cutting...  But I like how it turned out.

Now my stocking stuffers...
I can't show you what is inside because that would really blow the surprise, but showing you the outside is ok.

I used the tutorial on SCS for these treat holders ~ it was VERY simple.  I cut a sheet of dark blue card stock and followed the tutorial.  I them took my snowflake embossing folder and embossed the front panel of the treat holder.  I then cut the flap with my scallop edge punch.  I folded the front flap down and punched two holes side by side with my 1/4" circle punch.  I added the goodies inside and then threaded the ribbon thru.  The tags were cut with my tag punch out of the dark blue and white card stock.  I stamped the sentiment from TAC's Fall/Winter gift with purchase stamps in Brilliant Blue then threaded the silver cord thru the ribbon.  Finally I took my jumbo snowflake punch and punched a white snowflake and added some stickles and I was complete.

That's all I've got for you today.  The next few days will be busy for me - I've got some personal things going on.  I will try to get back here, but if I don't I'll be back for sure at the end of the week.

Have a super great day!!

4 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

so very cute!!! I don't think I could sit down to make a Christmas card right now either! TFS!!

Louise F NZ said...

These are awesome, love the embossed gift bag, really pretty.

Annie Lee said...

Love these colors and projects, especially the bag!

Betty said...

Bad Joani!
These are so cute - Yeah ! I will get one of these - now please tell what is inside????