Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, August 27, 2010

How Berry Sweet

Yesterday I mentioned that I had something 'berry sweet' for you today and here it is!
How cute is this??  I used a template from My Favorite Things called "Berry Ensemble".  I had been browsing on line the other day and when I was sitting at my craft table I thought about the strawberries that I saw earlier and wouldn't you know, I went back to my computer and I could not find it!  Then after searching and searching I had received an email from MFT and I popped in there and low and behold ~ I found them!! 
The basket is made from Bazzill Almond Cream paper and the strawberries were made out of Riding Hood Red that I ran thru my cuddlebug with my polka dots folder.  After all you've got to have the spots on your strawberries!  The tops of the berries are made with some green scraps.  I punched out some 1 1/4" circles and used my deckle edge scissors on them to give them the ragged edge look.  I stamped the strawberry from my Tart & Tangy set on white card stock 3 times.  The 1st one I cut out with my 1 3/8" circle punch, then I hand cut the 2nd and pop dotted it over the 1st.  The 3rd one I just cut the top of the strawberry and placed it over the 2nd.  I adhered that to a piece of Riding Hood Red that I punched out with my scallop circle punch and adhered that piece to the front of the basket with a glue dot.  The ribbon - it's yummy isn't it?  I bought that well over a year ago from Hobby Lobby and I just look at it.  I never want to use it - or shall I say I never find a need to use it, until now Ü  I then sponged some Close to Cocoa ink around the edges of the basket to give a little more "used" look and I was complete.
Here's a close up of the strawberry.  Once I cut them out I ran the piece thru my cuddlebug then I glued it together.  You can actually put a piece of candy or a kiss inside and tie a bow so they can open the berry and not have to rip it apart.  I knotted my ribbon because I did not put candy in them.  Normally the 1st time I try to make something I use some cheap paper or just white paper to make the item.  Just in case I mess up or have to "tweak" something ~ but this one I made with card stock because I didn't think that it was too hard.

So you can run over to My Favorite Things and pick up this template - or for a little different version you can go to Julie B's Stampin' Space and see her strawberry tutorial ~ she is very inspiring!

Have a super great weekend!

2 comments:

kyscrapper said...

Joani this is just so cute! You hit it out of the park on this one girl. Great job!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love this project! The ribbon is lovely and just the right accessory!

Thank you for sharing the links!

Barbara Diane