Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Howdy Ho Everyone!

We are almost thru another week, can you believe it?  As much as I don't want to admit it, it's getting closer to Christmas.  It's almost September ~ eek!!  I do enjoy Fall, it is my absolute favorite time of year.  The crispness in the air, the beautiful colors and the coming of sweater and sweatshirt weather.  When I was younger (and a lost smaller) I used to love summer - but now that I'm old (ugh...) I just don't enjoy the heat anymore.  Ok, enough of me babbling ~ you didn't come here for that.  Let's get to something crafty shall we?
These little notepads I made with some of that "special" paper that we all have.  You know the paper that you just love and just cant put it in the cutter and use it ~ this is that paper for me.  Danielle had purchased some paper a while back at a sale and she split it with me.  The paper is from K&Company called Berry Sweet and it's just adorable.

I took some thin chipboard and covered it with the paper and Mod Podge and let it sit overnight under some heavy books.  The next day I used my BIA and put it together and decorated it. 
I used ribbon, primas, buttons, chip board accents from American Crafts, felt flowers, jewels, stickers and accent cutouts from my Storybook cartridge.
What I did was let these dry overnight because I covered the front and backs of both the front and back covers.  Then the next day I added the word "notes" and used Mod Podge again to seal the stickers.  I waited about a half hour to dry well enough then decorated them. 
When I made things like this I like to Mod Podge over the top to help seal the letters and just to protect the journal in general.  Trust me, nothing can penetrate Mod Podge - I've found that out the hard way.

I hope that you liked my little books ~ Come back tomorrow for something else that's "berry" sweet too!

Have a super great day!

No comments: