Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Urban Oasis

Howdy everyone!  I hope that today finds you well.  I had a busy day yesterday so I'm sorry that I did not post.  Sometimes life just get's in the way.

I wanted to show you some totes that I've been working on.  They are just adorable.  The minute I saw the paper I knew that I had to use it to make these.
The paper is actually some of last years DP from Stampin' Up called Urban Oasis.  It is perfect for these little totes.  And look at the little pocket on the outside, I used these ball and chain connectors from Tim Holtz.  I was lucky to find these at my LSS for a really reasonable price ~ however if you need these and can't find them in a pinch ~ go to Walmart, Lowe's or any hardware supply store and you'll find them in the section with the ceiling fan's.  Yup!  And they are pretty cheap too!!
I did have to think about these a bit before cutting.  I wanted to make sure that the pattern's would show and they were not upside down or anything. 

**Short Story ~ sorry for the side track...  When Danielle was a little girl, toddler age I had a dear friend Tami make a dress for her for Easter.  I found the cutest material ever and Tami used to be one of those designers for her local store - you know all those cute dresses and shirts and such that they have at the fabric store, she used to make them.  Anyway, I gave her the material and the pattern and she was to make Danielle her dress.  Yes she was like me and put it off til the last minute and she called me one night in tears.  She had cut the pattern upside down.  It really did not matter, it was one of those things.  And to this day the dress still sits in my closet - I will always cherish it.  It then became a joke with us - and we said it was made like that so Danielle could look down at the dress and see everything Ü

So now you know why I make sure of things before I cut.
The inside has a little pocket too.  Perfect place to put a gift card.

That's all I've got for you today.  I hope that you like ~ and if you do make sure that you go to Adela's site and let her know.  You can find the template for these HERE.

Have a super great day!

4 comments:

Andria said...

WOW you just fill my imagination with such wonderful ideas, my must try list is getting longer by the second. These are fantastic and if you were to just glimpse the photo without reading the info, you'd never guess they were made from paper and card :)

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love the totes - what a great design! I am familiar with Adela's site and she is very creative!

The DP you used are some of my favorite patterns! Great project! :<)

Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Betty Townsend said...

Wow, Joani...super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joani, I love these totes. You're an awesome crafter.
Hugs~
Rita