Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Everyone loves babies!

I just love to make baby stuff ~ it's so much fun.  But I don't get to make it often enough.  So when hubby told me that one of the ladies at his cardiac rehab is pregnant I jumped at the chance to make something!!  I knew that I would make some of the baby onsie cards that are so much fun and easy from Lauren Meader.  I actually can make them without looking at the directions any longer.  And I wanted to make a card carrier to put it in ~ so here it is...

Here I made the card - the bib - for her and the box to fit the onsies in.  The box is made out of 1 sheet of Ballet Blue paper that I stamped with a stamp from my Fresh Fillers set in Ballet Blue ink.  I used the image from my Punches 3 set that I also stamped in Ballet Blue ink on to a white piece of card stock.  I wanted the handles to be a little more sturdy so I used eyelets to secure them to the box.  Inside I just cut a clear box in half lengthwise to keep the cards and envelopes secure. 
Here is the card I made for her.  It's my first.  I've seen lots of the bib cards around and I've not made one yet so here is my try.  I used a white base that I cut out with my scallop circle die from SU! and then I used my coluzzle and cut the Ballet Blue circle.  To make the card hinged make sure that you fold your card stock in half first and make sure that you don't put it all the way to the top or you will cut out 2 scallop circles.  I stamped the little marks in Ballet Blue from my Fresh Fillers set and then stamped the sentiment in Black from Curvy Verses.  I used my large oval punch to make the neckline.  Then I added a length of ribbon between the white and blue panels and then I glued buttons over the top. 
I made a total of 10 onsie cards for her.  I figured that she can use them for announcements, thank you cards or even shower invites if she has not had a shower yet.  I forgot to take a picture of the inside ~ I took white paper and just made a "mini" onsie for the inside, so she can write on it. 

I am so anxious to have her get them.  Now, I just need someone else to have a baby so I can make more.  Anyone, anyone??  nope, not me - I'm too old Ü

I hope that you have a super great day!  See you back here tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow those blue baby projects are fantastic, so pretty tfs your work is gorgoeus