Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Gabby's One of a Kind

Yes, I said Gabby's one of a kind ~ but not made by Gabby, just sent to Gabby!

My dear friends birthday is on the 2nd and I made this card to send to her. I used my new set One of a Kind.

The base card is Chocolate Chip. Is this a new fad or am I just seeing a lot of Browns lately?

I layered it with paper from my Creating Keepsakes slab (that I scored on from BIG LOTS! It was only $6.00!!!) and placed a HUGE flower from Heidi Swapp that I sponged on Rose Red ink on to. I first punched a scallop circle with my Marvy Giga Scallop punch and used the colozzle to make the circle with out of the dotted paper.

I stamped the flower from One of a Kind 3 times with Rose Red ink all on different paper from the slab. I carefully cut each layer and placed one on top of the other with pop dots. I then placed that on top of the flower. In the middle of the flower I took a button (she loves buttons!) and threaded some waxy floss thru it then glued it to the center of the flowers.

I stamped the saying with Chocolate Chip and Rose Red ink on to some scraps. I placed that in the lower right corner. It was fairly easy to make, it just involved a bit of cutting.

What I didn't tell you was I messed up on the cutting and actually had made 2 other flowers that I cut out and just did not like. But all in all once I was done I knew that she'd like it. Hope you do too!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

I do like it! I have seen those huge flowers and wondered what to do with them - now I know! Great job and I know your friend will love it, too!

Linsey R said...

Hi Joanie! I really love this card and no doubt Gabby will cherish it! your multi-layered flower is so gorgeous, I love the dotted dp and button center, how wonderful! Awesome work, have a great weekend!

Nicola said...

This is such a beautiful card. I know Gabby's gonna love it.

Hugs
Nic

Melanie said...

very pretty, Love how you have done the flowers

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I love this card. I love the flower.

Michelle said...

Lovely cards Joani! I love the how you colored the flower and the medallion you layered over it. Wonderful!

Michelle

Gabby said...

And yes my dear....I LOVED it! I still do!!! BIG HUGS and TONS of thanks!!!