Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, February 25, 2008

More warm bunny hugs

What do you think of when you think of Easter? My first thought is that darn chocolate bunny!!

I thought that it would be a cute idea to color him like a chocolate rabbit. But I don't think that there are any chocolate rabbits with pink fuzzy ears?!

This card was another quick and simple one. I stamped the image from Whipper Snapper and colored him with pencils and gamsol. I then layered that on to So Saffron and Pretty in Pink papers.

The main base card is Purely Pomegranate. On there I layered So Saffron and a piece of DP that I bought long ago with no tag on it. Before I adhered that down I cut a length of ribbon and tied it. I stamped the basket from the Bunny Hugs set and cut it out and used a pop dot to place it in front of the bunny. I also stamped the saying from the Bunny Hugs set in So Saffron ink and layered that with a piece of Pretty in Pink paper. I then put some fun flock on his ears to make them fuzzy. It was a simple and quick card.


This card was also a quick one. I tend not to make quick cards. I sit there and think of what to do, then I get side tracked. I start to clean up an area or go looking thru a drawer for something and end up cleaning out the drawer. And when I need to make a bunch of cards this does not help!!
The main base card is Mint Melody. The image is one that I've had for years, it's one of my first ~ it's from DOTS. I stamped the image and colored it in with pencils. I sponged so YoYo Yellow ink around the image and layered that on to a piece of Tempting Turquoise paper. I also layered a piece of DP from Designs by Reminisce on to the Turquoise. Before I adhered that piece I cut a length of yellow ribbon and tied it around that panel. I also used a couple of scraps of pink and purple that I had to tie also.
The little stamp "the end" I have also had for years, I place that on the back of each Easter card I make. That stamp I bought at Michael's years ago, it's by Stampcraft. I've tried to find them on line but couldn't ~ but I did find it on EBay and it's on sale til the 2nd of March if you'd like it. Just click here.
Well tomorrow I promise to show you something other than Easter or St. Patrick's day cards. And I think that you'll all be proud of me because I used something other than pencils to color with!! Have a great day!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your bunnies are ever so cute! I especially like the ones in the second batch of cards.
Diane

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Love your Samples! They are so cute, and I had to snag that kissing lips (hearts!) I put a link to your blog from my blog! :)
Happy Stamping and keep it up!
Dianne
www.stmprdee.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Your cards are adorable, love the 2nd images and that stamp (the end) is too cute =)

Louise F NZ said...

Ohhhh, cute cards today Joani. That choccy bunny is enough to make ya hungry.

Tarasdesigns said...

love those bunny stamps they are great and make lovely cards

Tara x

Melanie said...

very cute,

Laura lok said...

cuuute bunny cards