Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, Monday - Happy Monday!

Good morning everyone! I hope that this weekend was a good one for you!

I wanted to show you what we did on Friday but the pictures did not show up good so I will save that for another day. But here's a couple things I've been working on....

This first card I made using an old SU! set called Knobbly Gnomes. At first I did not care for this set too much when I saw it in the catty. But then it grew on me. I really think that those little guy's are adorable.



The base of the card is Purely Pomegranate. I stamped the mushroom images all over it with versamark. I then layered it with Creamy Caramel and another paper I've received in a RAK that I'm not sure what it is..... It's textured that's all I can say ~ and I sponged Purely Pomegranate all around that panel.

I used my coluzzle and cut out the oval in Purely Pomegranate and cut another of the image. I sponged around the image panel also.
Before attaching the panels to the card I took a piece of purple ribbon and secured it with a purple crystal brad. Yes, I love purple!!!

The sentiment panel is stamped in Purely Pomegranate on Creamy Caramel and attached with pop dots. I also stamped the mushrooms on the envie too to match!

The next card I made is yes, mostly purple! The base card is Old Olive. I stamped the image and colored it with my watercolor crayons. I sponged Lovely Lilac around that panel and attached it to a piece of Lavender Lace cs. I've got some mulberry paper that is sitting around collecting dust and thought that I'd pull it out - so I tore some up and used that.

The DP is some from SU! that I've had - I'm not sure which collection it is from. I sponged some Lovely Lilac ink around that too.

Before I layered the panels down I added a length of white organdy ribbon to the card. For the sentiment panel I stamped the saying, tore the edges then crumpled the paper up. I then smoothed it out and layered that on to a piece of Lavender Lace paper and added a couple of brads to the sides.

Once the card front was complete I've been adding a sheet of white cs to the insides of the cards with a coordinating stamp. I don't know but I think that it looks a little more "finished" this way. And yes, I stamped the envie to match.

I hope to get off the computer soon so I can get to work to show you what's up my sleeve now.
Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Love these! I was never a fan of the gnomes either, but the way you've coloured him makes him adorable. It looks amazing with the mushrooms off to the side and off the oval. How clever! Your gorgeous wheel barrow card makes me want to break out that set AND my unused watercolour wonder crayons. The colouring is so soft & pretty against that rich purple mulberry paper. Stunning! :0)

Nicola said...

I love this gmome set so much. It reminds me of my Mom cause she has a garden full of them.lol

Lovely cards

Hugs
Nic

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those knomes. I should have you stamps some for me. Great cards lady!

Anonymous said...

did I just spell Gnomes with a K?! Ooops LOL!