Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I can post.....

My goodness, I've been having trouble... I've been wanting to post pictures and I could not. I've even been having trouble with my MSN group. I guess the past couple of day's it was meant for me to blog hop not to post :)

So I guess I will get to it. I've been busy, so I've got a few things to show you.... Here we go.

I'm not sure if I told you all about the lady who left a note for me at the Peddler's Mall? She wanted me to make a few things for her. She stopped by the other day to pick them up and she is the sweetest. She reminds me of me kinda. She works in a doctor's office and she sends cards to people who she feel's needs a little "pick me up". I thought that is so sweet. That sounds like me. I like to send cards out just because. She also wanted a few Thank You cards and she needed a wedding card that I will show you too today.

Now, on to the card.

I've been neglecting all of my SU! stamps lately. So I took the boxes out one by one and looked at each set. I have them all in order by category and listed on paper ~ but I thought that I'd look at each one and if something jumped out at me then I'd use that set. Well this one did.


The set is an old one called Feathered Hope. I stamped the image and colored it in with my watercolor crayons. I like the look it gives, and it is a pretty fast way to color.

The base card is a burgundy linen paper that I've had forever. I layered it with Groovy Guava and some DP from K&Company. I then took the image panel and sponged some Cameo Coral ink around it, layered it on to Groovy Guava and placed it on the card.

The sentiment is from the In My Thoughts set stamped with Purely Pomegranate ink and layered onto a scrap of the burgundy linen paper.

I've also been adding a 1/4 sheet of white cs to the inside of the cards. It's a whole lot easier to write in a card when you have white cs layered inside. Oh yes, the envie matched too...

Here is the wedding card that I made for her. I thought that I'd do something a little different. I made a gatefold card ~ nothing special, just a plain old card and I'd make a belly band to go around it. That's where I did the stamping.

I used SU! Life's Special Moments and used my watercolor crayons to lightly shade the images. I did not want too much color, just a tad. Then I cut the image out with my coluzzle. I then cut out a piece of Bashful Blue and a piece of Chocolate Chip. I know, they are not colors that I thought I'd use on a wedding card, but I actually liked the way they turned out.

I used some DP from TAC's Amberly Grace collection on the gate folds along with pieces of Creamy Caramel. For the belly band I used a piece of the Amberly Grace paper with a piece of the Chocolate Chip. I added a few primas and brads to it.

On the inside I stamped the roses from the set and colored them with my pencils and gamsol. I stamped the swirls from my Butterfly Swirls TAC set (I think that's my new favorite set) in Creamy Caramel and the saying from the SU! all layered on a piece of Creamy Caramel. All in all I think that it turned out nice. Judging from her reaction when I gave it to her I'm sure she is more than pleased with it.

And yes, the envie matched too ~ of course!





When I give people a set of cards I always have the dilemma of how to package them. I never know what to put them in. Well I had a few cards to give her and I went blog surfing and found this cute little holder. I am truly sorry but I can not remember where I found it. If I remember I promise to post the link....

I used a piece of Amberly Grace paper to make this. My Mom had bought this ribbon and I really did not know what to do with it ~ I don't like to use ribbon that is too bulky on cards especially if I'm mailing them ~ but it was perfect for this card holder.






When the holder is open the bottom flaps fold down and the ribbon is what holds the cards in.

It is supposed to hold 10 cards and envies, but I did squeeze 12 in there, I would not add more than that.

Well ~ that's enough for today. I hope that you all have a wonderful day! I hope to be back tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joani, the cards are beautiful,I just sent you the M.O. sorry it took me longer that I would wished to but it's on your way now,cheers...Gina

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! I love the layouts and all of the gorgeous details on these. That wedding card is just astounding. They'll treasure it and be fascinated by the way it opens (I know I'm in awe and I make cards!) That folder is just heavenly. Love how you used the jumbo eyelets. Awesome inspiration! :0)

Mary Beth said...

Wow, you've been busy:) Love cards!! The card holder idea is fantastic. TFS! ((HUGS))

Barb said...

I love this card holder (not to mention the cards!)!

Betty said...

Joani
This HAS to be our next project for "Frivolous Friday".

Hugs, Betty

Carmen O. said...

Love the beautiful cards, the wedding card is really gorgeous! Hey I've been making those note card holders and note cards too. I love using the double sided paper especially if it's thicker card stock. Your's is so beautiful.

Stephenie said...

I can't wait for as Betty calls it "Frivilous Friday". It will be so much fun! Oh I am tagging you and giving you a BFF Blogger thingy. Look at my blog for details.
Hugs,