Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Photo Corners & some cards to share...

Hello there everyone!! I just thought that I would post a few things that I've been up to.

Betty stopped by the other day and we had an afternoon of fun. She brought her cuttlebug and I've got a stack of paper to prove it! She finished some swap cards while she was here. She also had never done the shaving cream technique and we showed her that. Actually my DD was the little "instructor" and it was cute. I even sat my SIL down while we were making a spring card and I goofed that one up! Betty had not made one yet and I said "Oh it's super easy" well, don't say that if your going to goof it up! I folded in the wrong spot and now we have all these little fold lines! Oh well, I will figure something out to use the paper with....

Before I show you the cards, I want to show you a little way that I make my photo corners. I guess I'm just not ready to spend the $15.95 on the punch. I could get 3 packages of paper for that :)

But this is what I do.

I take my 1 3/8" square punch and punch a square out of DP.













I then take my 1 1/4" square punch and punch out a square of coordinating cardstock.















I tape them together then I cut them down the middle diagonally.
















Once I do that I cut a little 'v' out of the center and your almost thru.








If you want you can tie a piece of ribbon (this is a good thing to use those scraps for) or as I did here I used my paper piercer also.

I'm sorry for the bad picture ~ I think that my camera is going ka-putz.








Now, this is what I used the photo corner on.

I still had out my old SU! set Country Charm. I stamped that and colored it with pencils and markers.

The base card is Night of Navy. I layered it with Baroque Burgundy, Cameo Coral and a piece of DP from K&Company. I sponged Night of Navy around the DP and layered the image on to it. I stamped the sentiment on the lower corner with Night of Navy and sponged that a little also.

I added my photo corner and I was done!


Here's another card that I made. Linda who is so kind to let me take up a corner in her booth at the Peddler's Mall needed a card for her niece who graduated. She said she knew she was late but asked if I'd make the card. Well, of course!

The base of this card is Brocade Blue. I layered it with Night of Navy and used Not Quite Navy also.

I stamped the images in Brocade Blue and sponged around the edges as well. I used my Marvy Giga Punch and Word Window punch. Before I layered the panels together I took a strip of ribbon and laid that down. Once all the panels were together I used my white gel pen to add some dots around the card. I was not too sure I liked it, but then I kept looking at it and it reminded me of a movie marquee sign. Yes, I know.... I see things that other's don't sometimes. But maybe that's what makes me a little creative???

I hope that you liked the post today. I'm off - I've got to get things ready for tomorrow. Betty is coming back and Stephenie will stop by too. We've got some shoe box things were going to do.

Have a great day!
Hugs ~ Joani

4 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You are WAY too clever! Who needs a photo corner punch when you can make 'em this way. Sheer Brilliance! LOVE the layouts on your cards! :0)

AngelRenee said...

Ok love these but my gosh you are good at what you do.. I could never do that. LOL thanks for the sweet comments on my blog you are the best and sweetest person..

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing your tip on photo corners. Awesome to know these things. Wish we had TAC here I love the July stamps.. very cut!

BarbL said...

Love the corner idea! I'll be using that one in the future.
You have also been nominated for Brilliant Weblog Premio 2008!
Barb L.
http://barbscraftcave.blogspot.com