Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Happy Long weekend Friday!

Woo Hoo!! It's Friday, and a holiday weekend at that. Just last night I was telling hubby that I missed going camping this year. I guess with the Labor day holiday upon us I'm thinking that it is the end of summer. Well, it kinda is. Only a few more months and it will be Christmas. Where has this year gone?? Of course, I'm not getting any older ~ just my daughter is :)

Yesterday I got to sit down and create a couple of things. I wanted to stop and show them to you before the weekend. I'm not really sure what we may be doing this weekend so I want to post them now for you.

This week's tutorial on SCS was for this pop up card. For some reason I've always been intimidated by this card. But yesterday was one of those "stay in your jammies all day, I don't give a care, not brush your hair, cookie eating" kind of day. So I thought what the heck!

It was actually very, very easy to do.
The base of the card was made with paper from Creative Imaginations. For some reason I thought that the paper reminded me of a table cover for a picnic. My brain sometimes..... The images are from Rubbernecker. I thought that this guy was kinda funny with the saying. Oh yeah, baby!

I stamped the images and colored them with my pencils and gamsol ~ layered them on to a piece of Brilliant Blue and Real Red and I was done.



I have to admit this card was "stolen" from my dear friend Keersten. She made this a month or so ago for a SU! party that we had. I've kept it on my desk that long just looking at it, wanting to create it. So I did.

This card is basically a tri fold card. The base is Chocolate Chip layered with Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel and Certainly Celery. I stamped each layer with stamps from the TAC Simply Devine collection. The chick and sentiments are from the TAC set Hey Chick! I stamped the "hey chick" on white and punched it out with my word window punch. I then matted that on to a piece of Chocolate Chip paper. I stamped the "you sweet little thing" in Chocolate Chip directly on the inside cs. I made the belly band with Chocolate Chip paper and stamped the chick with Creamy Caramel and colored it with my pencils also. I then punched it out with my 1 3/8" circle punch and layered that on to a piece of Chocolate Chip paper that I punched out with my Scallop Circle punch.

I hope that you enjoyed these cards. And I hope that you all have a safe and happy holiday weekend. Be safe.

Hugs,
Joani

6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, y'a just gotta love his cute little hairy legs eh,it's darling. I love how you did you tri fold cards, the colors are so soft, really, really nice.

Hugs, Barb

Louise F NZ said...

I love the tri fold cards, gorgeous colours. That little chick is so cute.

Tracy said...

Wow amazing tri fold card. Love it, the colors are so awesome together. I have never seen one of these before..

Anonymous said...

Love them,awesome colors!! TFS...Gina

Anonymous said...

Please e-mail me the size of card this is and hoe you made it. thank you craftylady@blackduck.net

Gabby said...

OMG I'm so glad I wasn't the only intimidates by this pop up card...which BTW...ROFLMBO!!! I love it!!! It is super easy to make. Love love love it! Oh and that "tri fold" one is DELISH!!! I love the color combo!!!