Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

Making My Memories
Class Schedule
107 Farmview Way
Georgetown, KY 40324
(920) 948-7988 Jan
(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some more of my can.....

Ok, I meant some more of my paint can's.....

Yesterday was a gloomy day and I really did not feel like crafting anything. But of course the true crafter in me just had to, so I did.
My SIL wanted a paint can made so she can fill it with cookies for the guy who came and fixed her A/C unit. Poor thing without air, in the humid state of Kentucky is no fun. On hot days I don't even come out of my shell!!! It can get so nasty hot here. Take your breath away hot. Growing up in California having 100+ degree temps is nothing to the 80 degree temps with humidity here. Just plain nasty I say.
Anyway, I made her a paint can.

This is the front view of the paint can. I used the SU! set Born to Ride for the images.

The paper is from EK Success. I took the vellum piece and layered it over a piece of Pumpkin Pie cs. The images were colored with my watercolor crayons, then I distressed the edges with my edge distresser tool. I took my black ink pad to it to give it a little rougher look.

I added some black grosgrain ribbon around the top and bottom of the can and some Pumpkin Pie ribbon around the center. It helps to keep the edges nicer looking :)

The stickers are actually stickers that I purchased long ago and they are from Jolee's. I randomly added them around the can.

For the top of the can I used my coluzzle and cut the different size circles from scrap paper left over from covering the can.
The emblem is another find from Jolee's.
I added an orange circle clip and the ribbon loopy brads to add some ribbon to the images to dress it up a bit.

All in all I think that it is still "manly" looking. The only reason why I added a couple of primas to the bottom of the can was to cover a ribbon seam. I like to keep all the seams covered up when I do a can or bottle. I think it looks a little nicer that way.

Remember the other day when I was working with the set "Feathered Hope"? Well, I found this card on my desk that I never finished. My desk was a total disaster area after making all that I made Saturday!
I had stamped this image from the Feathered Hope collection. I colored it with my watercolor crayons and layered it on to a piece of Not Quite Navy cs. I took a piece of beige paper (that who knows where it came from!) and took my Not Quite Navy pad and tapped it on to the beige, then layered the image on it. The DP is from TAC and it is from the Amberly Grace collection. I added a couple of eyelets to it and a couple pieces of scrap ribbon and I was done.

This card I made for my SIL. When we had a fun day over here last week she brought over Chinese food for us. It was so yummy. Kathy had got a good fortune and she thought that it was a bad one at first. Well, she wanted to save it. Of course the idea hit home with me the minute she opened the cookie.
The images used on this card are from the SU! set Asian Art. I stamped the Chinese writing in gold on to black paper. I stamped it again with black on to the red paper.
I stamped the geisha's in black and colored just parts of the image with my watercolor crayons. I swiped the Real Red pad around the edges of that panel before I added it to the card. I then stamped the cookie in Creamy Caramel and colored it in with my prisma pencil. I made a slit in the cookie so it looked like the fortune was coming out of the cookie. I'm sure she will like it.
Well that's all I have for today. I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm staying in where it's cool :)


Annmarie said...

I love the Harley-Davidson can! You did such a wonderful job...WOW

Carmen O. said...

I love the HD can! I should make one for my brother. Great job on the Chinese card too, I love all the detail you put on it!

Betty said...

Joani - You did it again!
The asian card for Kathy was pure "GENIUS"!!!!