Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sorry for my lack of posts...

I'm sorry for my lack of posts the past few days. I've just been busy and Joyce is leaving tomorrow. I just popped in to show you a couple of things ~ I've felt bad for not posting.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Father's day weekend. We had wanted to do something outside this weekend but it was just to dang hot!! Not the kind of hot that you can just sit in the shade to stay cooler ~ it was HUMID hot. That kind of hot you can't get away from unless your sitting in a water bucket.

Ok, enough of that ~ let's just get right to it shall we...
The first card I want to show you was made with a stamped Bella image, it's Gardenbella. I've been wanting to make a card that's not your normal A2 size card for a while now so here it is. It is actually 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".
The base card is Apricot Appeal that I layered with Old Olive, Summer Sun and Sweet Always DP. The image is colored in with my watercolor crayons. I sponged some Pixie Pink ink around some of the layers. I used my slot punch to punch out a place for the ribbon to go thru. I added some prima flowers and a couple of brads to the front. I also used some stickles on the flower basket and I was complete.
The next set of cards I made was with a stamp that Joyce bought while she was here. It is a Hero Arts image that reminds me so much of SU! Upsy Daisy stamp set. I know, it does not look all to much like it, but it reminds me of it.

The base card is Pink Pirouette that I layered with Pixie Pink and Parisian Summer DP. I ran the Pixie Pink cs thru the cuttlebug with the Stylized Flowers folder. I had taken the Parisian Summer DP and used my Martha Stewart punch along the bottom edge and ran a length of ribbon at the top of it before adhering to the paper. The image was stamped with Positively Pink ink on to white cs then I used my SU! Scallop die to cut it out and trimmed it up to fit the card. I used my sakura gel pen on the butterfly trail and I was complete.

I hope that these two cards hold you for today. I might be back later with a digi page.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

OMG Joani these cards are so very pretty! I love the colors and wish I would think of more different colors more often. I really love the way you designed the thinking of you card. So very pretty and soft. Beautiful work!!!

Julie Temple said...

LOVE the Bella! So cute! And the TOU is a definate CASE! HEHEHE
I have left you an award on my blog...

Hugs,
Julie