Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, June 25, 2010

For my King of the Grill

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!  I hope that today finds you well.  I wanted to show off the card that I made for hubby for Father's Day.  I "borrowed" this set from Joyce when she was here - and it was perfect for Ricky.  He is kind of a little firebug when it comes to the grill.  And I had wanted to get him a new gas grill, but with the unexpected medical bills looming in the distance it will have to wait just a bit.  But enough of that, off to the card...
As you can see the card is 9" x 4" and for the base I used Not Quite Navy that I layered with Chocolate Chip, Lt. Blue Bazzill cs and some DP from Creating Keepsakes.  I stamped the image and colored it in with my pencils and gamsol then sponged the background with Ballet Blue and Close to Cocoa inks.  I stamped the sentiment in with Chocolate Chip and punched it out with my word window punch and layered it on to a piece of Pumpkin Pie and then a piece of Not Quite Navy.  I used my small and wide oval punches for those layers.  I attached the image panel to a piece of Not Quite Navy and layered it on to a piece of Lt. Blue Bazzill cs.  I added a piece of the DP to the front of the card.  I had a small scrap of Not Quite Navy and the Lt. Blue cs that I added a couple of orange eyelets to before adding the sentiment with a pop dot.  Once the whole card was completed I added some stickle stars and I was done.
He did like the card, however I would of loved to get him the grill to go with it ~ that would of been the ultimate in coordination Ü

I hope to be back tomorrow to show you more, if not I wish you a great day and a super weekend!

1 comment:

marsha said...

Fabulous card Joani! I love the bright colors and the your coloring is over the top! Super great card!

Hugs, Marsha