Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, June 07, 2010

Happy Monday!

Good morning everyone!  Happy Monday to you.  I hope that today finds you well.

So, do you all have your Father's Day cards made?  You do realize that Father's Day is approaching fast.  Hubby's birthday is the day before, so I have a double whammy this year.  It will be a weekend long celebration. 

I've got a few cards that I made for birthdays that are a little masculine, but they can easily be adapted for Father's Day.  I don't have all the info for these cards but I do remember the names of the set's.  If you need more info just leave me a comment and I will find out for you.

Wanna peek?  Of course!  So here goes....
This stamp set is called Farm Life.  The case card is Chocolate Chip that I layered with Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel and Kraft papers.  I water colored the image.
This is also the Farm Life stamp set that I used.  I masked the image to create the scene.  I also water colored this image. 
The stamp set I used here was Nobel Deer.  I love this set, it is really a masculine set.  I used chalks to color in this image. 
This is also stamped with Nobel Deer.  I colored this in with my pencils and gamsol.  The DP papers used on this card are from Prima.  I've had these papers for a long time and I use them sparingly.  The circle stamp is from The Angel Company called Circle Sampler. 
One last card from Nobel Deer.  This image was colored in with my pencils and gamsol also.  The DP used here was from Anna Griffin
Lots of coloring went into this card.  I used my watercolors, pencils and markers to color in this image.  The stamp set I used is an old SU! set called Times and Seasons.
The image used on this card is from Rubber Monger and I colored it in with my pencils and gamsol.  Notice a pattern?  I tend to use the earthy colors for guy cards.  No bright and cherry colors, I try to keep them earth tones.
This image is from Lovely as a Tree.  It is a classic set that I like to turn to for guy cards.  The DP is from K&Company and I used my oval nestie to create the "mask" to stipple ink on to the image panel.

10 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

GREAT cards! You have created some wonderful masculine cards! Very difficult to do. :<)

Wishing you a happy day today!

Barbara Diane

marsha said...

Fabulous cards Joani!
Hugs, Marsha

Unknown said...

All eight are fabulous! My favorite is the third one! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

Great cards all of them! I especially love the deer ones.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a wonderful collection of masculine cards. (I have trouble creating just one!) Way to go!!

Unknown said...

ACK I dread masculine cards, so I have not made Father's days cards yet. But thank you for the wonderful inspiration to get started.

the Purple One said...

Nice cards Joani! You did a great job as usual!! :)

Bridgett Owens said...

Masculine cards always trip me up! Why is that? LOL You have done a fabulous job on these cards. Very inspiring!

Elizabeth P said...

What beautiful cards Joani! I couldn´t pick only one ;)

Nicola said...

Love all your masculine cards Joani. They are all very cool. I borrowed the sketch from the first one for mine...hope thats ok.

Hugs
Nic