Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Howdy Peoples!

It's been so long that I think that I forgot how to post a card Ü
I hope that all of you had a wonderful and safe holiday ~ and that you've had a happy and healthy New Year. 

Not to bore you all with my life, this will be short-promise...  The end of November beginning of December I went to work for a few weeks.  Then the holidays came and it was a good thing that I already had an over abundance of Christmas cards made because I had no time what-so-ever to make any to send out.  As a matter of fact I think that maybe some of the recipients got them a day or two late.  Then to top it off I had/still have jury duty.  That is until the end of January.  Trying to schedule getting 3 people to work with one vehicle, all different shifts - the holidays and holiday shopping, jury duty, car breaking down, doctor appointments, Mom's birthday and snow.  It's not been too fun.  I guess you can see why I've had no intention of crafting or blogging.

But now I'm back and ready to create!  I am so in need of some new Valentine stamps.  I've had the same ones for years - oh, I love them - but I'm sure that the people who receive them are probably tired of getting the same each year.  Just poking around the internet and looking around on SCS I am so ready to put away the winter crafts and get going with Valentines and Spring.

So enough of all that.  I have a dear friend Rita who was ever so kind as to send me an adorable Magnolia stamp.  This is the 2nd time that she's done this for me - and I appreciate her so much.  So of course I had to make up a card with that stamp to show you.  So, are you ready?  Here goes:
This is Jam Tilda that I colored with my pencils and gamsol.  I added a little here and there with my markers. The suit case is actually an unmounted stamp that I've had for years that I purchased at a show.  it is from Yvonne Albritton Designs. The base card is Cherry Cobbler that I layered with some Early Espresso that I ran thru the cuttlebug with my swiss dots folder.  I also added a piece of Regal Rose card stock and used my Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and cut it out with my Spellbinders Labels 9 die.  The DP is actually from last year that I had left over from a SU! pack.  I added a length of felt ribbon that I had left from Christmas and a little stickles and I was complete.

Now I hope to get back into the groove of crafting and card making.  I don't use my craft room in the winter time, so I haul everything into the dining area.  It's a little bit of a hassle, but I deal with it.  So now I'm off to go craft something that I'll be back here tomorrow to share with you.  And don't forget to check my Stampin' Up! regularly for all my specials and promos.  I'll be updating that soon as well.

Thank you all for hanging in there with me ~ I appreciate it!

2 comments:

marsha said...

Just adorable Joani! And - welcome back!
Hugs,
Marsha

SherryBee said...

YAY! You're back! LOL
Cute card, too!
SherryBee in AZ