Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just poppin' in for a little post

Howdy everyone.  I'm here typing from rainy, dreary then sunny and hot again Kentucky.  They have a saying out here that if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes because it will change.  And trust me, it is so true!!

I wanted to post a picture of a card that I made a while back when Betty came over.  I think that the sample we used to make the card was one of the swap cards that she got from Leadership when she went back in January.  I guess you can say that I'm not on the ball.  I just found this one in my camera ~ looks like the old camera needs some spring cleaning too!
We just had to make a couple of little tweaks to it because we did not have all the supplies.  The base card is Basic Black that we layered with white and some Cherry Cobbler card stock.  We ran the Cherry Cobbler thru the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  We stamped the main image from the Notably Ornate stamp set on to white cardstock and cut out around the frame - before adhering the frame down I distressed the edges of the Basic Black with my craft knife.  I stamped the bird in Cherry Cobbler on to white cardstock, cut it out and pop dotted it on to the card ~ I also added a little pearl for the eye.  The sentiment is stamped on to white cardstock with black ink then punched out with my modern label punch.  I layered that on to a piece of Cherry Cobbler that was cut out with the same punch - I just cut it in the middle and tapered it on the to the white piece before adding all that to a Basic Black piece that I punched out with my large oval punch.  I added some old lace to the corners and I was complete.

I hope that you enjoyed this card and that it inspired you.  I can tell you that I love this set.  When I first saw it in the catty I thought "hmmph".  But of course Betty had to bring the set over and once my little hands touched the rubber I was hooked.  You know, she does that to me often.  Brings set's over and once I look at them I've got to get them.  I just wish that I lived closer to Stampin' Up!  I'd drive over whenever the shopping bug bit me.

Hope you all have a super great day!

1 comment:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Very Pretty Joanie. TFS
Cindy