Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Well, I did not get much done this weekend. Much in the craft room at least. The weather was so wonderful that we went to Lowe's and got some flowers for the flowerbed & planter boxes.

After we got all the flowers planted we planted our tomato plants. A couple of weekends ago we went to a nursery in town and we each picked out our own tomato plants. My DD, wonderful as she is can be SO very blonde at times. The plant that she picked out was called "whopper". I'm sure some of you who know her can see where this is going.

She picked out the "whopper" because her all time favorite place to go is Burger King. Yes, she thought that these are the tomatoes they use on their burgers, the Whopper. My goodness..... All I could do was stand there with my mouth open thinking "you are not serious!?". Anyway, we each had to plant our own plants - and the race is on. Who will get the first tomato? We'll see....

So with my hands in dirt most of the weekend I did not get too much card making done. So today as soon as I can pry my hands from this keyboard I will be making cards. I am SO behind. I need to make Mother's Day cards - and here is one that I made really fast last night.

The base card is Purely Pomegranate. I layered that with a piece of Pretty in Pink that I stamped the flowers on with Purely Pomegranate ink and also sponged that around the edges. I then took a piece of Pixie Pink cs, stamped Happy Mother's Day in yes, your guessed it - Purely Pomegranate ink and layered that on the card. I took a piece of PP paper, tore the edge off, sponged some white ink from my Cat's Eye ~ added a flower eyelet to the top and adhered that to the card. The image I stamped from theangelcompany™ promo set from last month called A Little Spring, sponged around the edges ~ layered it on to a piece of Close to Cocoa cs and I was done.

I hope to have some more tidbits for you tomorrow. And of course as the day's wear down to my DD's birthday I may be getting a little bonkers. So bear with me, please.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Love this card!! TFS:)

Nicola said...

Such a pretty card. I need to ink this set up myself soon. I love that Danielle picked whopper for BK that's so funny. Good luck with your tomatoes.

Hugs
Nic

kssdesigns said...

I just got this little set yesterday and can't wait to use it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I need to pull this set out and use it too. Your card is so fun.

:-)