Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Frosty's can

There I go again with the titles...  I thought that this might catch your eye Ü

As some of you know I like to alter paint cans, and these I think turned out adorable!  I'm going to take these to the Christmas bazaar and try to sell them.  You can put just about anything in them, and who would not like to get a gift in one of these?

First I would like to say that I get all my paint cans from Sherman Williams.  I go there and they sell them for something like $1.50 each.  I have seen them at Lowe's for somewhere close to $3.00.  If you'd like to make one I'd try the local paint store first before the chain stores.

I stamped my image from SU! Frost set - a set that I will always use, he's so cute... and colored the image pieces with my markers.  I covered the can with DP from Imagine That, ribbon, foam snowflakes and crystal brads.  I cut out the image with my CB and my small scallop oval nestie and layered it on to a piece of Bliss Blue cs that I cut an oval out with my coluzzle.  I added some organdy ribbon to the sides of the image with a big silver brad.  I attached the image panel to the can with some big glue dots and I was complete.

This can is basically the same thing, just different colors.  I stamped the image from SU! Frosty set and colored it in with my markers.  I covered the can with DP from Imagine That, foam snowflakes, ribbon and crystal brads.  I cut the image out with my CB and my scallop oval small nesties, adhered it to a piece of Almost Amethyst cs that I cut out with my oval coluzzle template and added some ribbon and brads to the sides then adhered it to the can with big glue dots.

This is the side of the can.  I stamped the image also from Frosty with Almost Amethyst ink and cut it out like a banner.  I tucked the edge just under the image panel and used pop dots to make it look like it's waving. 

Well - I hope that you like this post today.  I like to find different ways to package things, to get some interaction.  One year my Father had my Mother's Christmas gift packaged in a soup can - that was so fun!

I wish for you all to have a super, terrific weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your paint cans. Do you make them by order? I would love one for baby gift I have. Please e-mail me if you do.

wsab398@yahoo.com

Shelia