Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My take on the Easel card

Howdy everyone ~ I'm still here and kicking. Just life like I've said before.  I'm getting ready for the bazaar this week.  Thursday Betty and I are going to set up and then the sale is Friday and Saturday.  It's inside and I'm looking forward to this one.  If everything does not sell I plan on putting it up on Etsy.  I can probably have Danielle take a few things to school for her teachers - but she's getting too old to give little things like this to her friends.  I've tried, she says "Mom, my friends aren't like that".  HUH?  Like what??  Oh well, the mind of a teenager...

You ready for my take on the easel card?  I kept it kinda basic for now.  Whenever I make something for the first time I try to keep it basic so if I mess it up I wont feel so bad that I put too much time, effort and supplies into it.

The base is Chocolate Chip that I layered with Ballet Blue and some Linen Vanilla cs.  I stamped the image from Sleigh Bells Ring in Close to Cocoa ink and attached it to the card.  At the bottom base of the card I used some DP from Merry Moments and stamped the sentiment and holly image in Close to Cocoa also.  I then stamped the holly once more on a scrap piece and colored it with pencils and gamsol, cut it out and attached it to the base with pop dots.  Lastly I added some stickles to the main image and I was complete.

This is a side view so you can see how the card set's up by itself.  Kinda cool huh?  If you go to SCS HERE this thread will give you the directions on how to make this card.  It is actually very easy, it just looks intimidating.  If you go to the gallery on SCS and type in TLC242 it will bring up all the other cards that are posted ~ there is quite a few beautiful ones there, plan on spending some time.

That's all that I have for right now.  I hope to show you some more later today.  Have a great day!!

No comments: